PDA

View Full Version : new coins on the way?

nickelpicker
04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I was visiting my botherinlaw and one topic led to another. At any rate he claims the US Gov is going to do away with nickels and pennies as we know them. I don't know where he got that idea, anyone else hear of such a thing and if that were true how would that mess with metal detector settings as we now know them. No zinc zoombies ( I don't care ) but I want nickels.

del
04-01-2011, 05:55 PM
no nickles :omg: i didn't hear that either but just think of it as one less target to compete with the gold ring targets :grin: now if we could just get them to outlaw pulltabs we would be golden :peace: happydance02 :happydance01: <:

yes pun intended

v3ikid
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I've heard this for several years. They probably do lose money on making them but they more then make up for it with the rest of the coinage.

coinnut
04-01-2011, 09:00 PM
It's the state taxes that kill that idea everytime lol We can round out the purchase price but when you add tax in, you need small change. :confused: Maybe they will make them out of paper rofl

russellt
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
no nickles:huh:thinkingabout: james earl frazier is turning in his grave :angry:
the reasoning behind that thought is that it cost more to produce them than they are worth :girlcry:

nickelpicker
04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't think they are planning on getting rid of nickels, it's nickels as we KNOW them as in made with no metal or some such thing ( can you say plastic )