PDA

View Full Version : We All Look At Things Differently

fsa46
04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
A friend stopped by to check out some of my recent finds and commented that I shouldn't clean my coins as it diminishes the value. Well he may be correct, BUT, I am not concerned about the value at all as I'm not going to get rich selling any coins.

However, what I do want is to enjoy the coins I have, and to do that I want to see them. I clean them by whatever means necessary to achieve the result I want. :omg:

I know some of you must be cringing at this point but what it boils down to is this, we all look at things differently, and it's what makes you happy that counts. JMHO :happydance01:

del
04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
[size=1:crazy:t]Amen to that brother Frank :grin: i couldn't agree more

jkress
04-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Definitely agree with you. Of course my thinking would change if I found a very high dollar coin... but for the common oldies, I want to enjoy looking at them without the dirt. :yes:

v3ikid
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I agree, as long as it's not a valuable coin. I clean some wheats with a scrub pad. Indians i try to take it easy on but i try to get a date before i do anything.

Spike
04-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I agree I wonder why people are so scared to rub on the coins they find \:hammer: \:hammer: after all they went through when in circulation and the abuse they take in the ground :thinkingabout: :dontknow: But as you said everyone looks at things differently ;)

odave
04-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Good for You thumbsup01 Enjoy Your finds thumbsup01 thumbsup01

russellt
04-02-2011, 04:09 PM
i would only sell my coins if were looking at starving to death. i clean them to my liking .. life is what you make it

CyberSage
04-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I have a few key dates and semi-key dates that I keep cased. All the rest of my Silver coins are stored loose on display on shelves in the living room. I like to hold them and feel the weight in my hands. Pushing my thumb around feeling the relief of the coin is something I enjoy. All my Wheats are in Quart Jars except for the 1914d. I keep that one safe. Most Silver comes out of the ground looking good. Every once in awhile I get a black one that I clean. I agree, enjoy your finds!

coinnut
04-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Clean them if it makes you feel better lol They are yours to keep. Only time I cringe is when I see someone rub the dirt on a coin that may be a rare one :girlcry: How are we supposed to get a good cleaning system, if we never practice cleaning any? :confused:

BOWSER
04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
i can't stand lookin at something and not knowing what it is or what year,until you find out it might as well be junk in a jar.Im in it for the history part of it,i use some stuff called bartenders friend,it works pretty mutch on antthing metal .I call my game clad and curiosity.

steve in so az
04-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I had a friend who dug CivilWar relics for many decades. At his house they had all been cleaned in muriatic acid and put on display. It was awesome to see them as looking new. I never have cleaned mine but he got pleasure out of his way. Steve in so az