PDA

View Full Version : Got Gold in 12 Hours Flat

M-Taliesin
04-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Howdy Folks!
Yesterday was a fairly long hunt considering I haven't put in lots of hours since surgery. When I left the house at around 10:30, I expected much better returns on the day. But by the time I headed home at around 5:30pm, I was hugely disappointed with my finds on the day.

Evidently there must be a lot of folks hunting schools during spring break, because almost every location I visited gave up very little. 7 or 8 coins here, 10 or 12 there. No gold, no silver, just plenty of ground with not much in it.

So I enjoyed a break for dinner and some television watching. Then I headed out again at 9:00pm, with a pure determination to find gold. It wasn't until my last stop of the night that I scored a gold ring that acid tested at 14k. Because I wasn't thinking, I didn't test it with 18k acid, and it may be that it is better than 14k, but I was delighted just to find gold after a dry spell that has lasted nearly a week now. By 12:00am midnight, I was on my way home with gold in my pocket and a variety of jewelry items that came almost exclusively from the night hunt.

Among the finds were 5 RTD tokens, a nice little cross that looks like it might be silver backed, but not marked. A peace earring, a large heart pendant, and 129 coins topped off the day.

My take was:
21 Quarters = $5.25
9 Nickels = $0.45
28 Dimes = $2.80
71 Pennies = $0.71
Total = $9.21
Coin Count = 129 Coins.

Thanks for Lookin'
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM