PDA

View Full Version : Best Relic Hunt So Far

Killer Tn
04-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I went to a spot and found several different things , but the best things I found were these five civil war buttons . Three were about in the same area and the other two were ten to fifteen feet away .They are about the size of a quarter .

del
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
those are some very nice buttons Killer Tn :clapping: :clapping: but i'm sorry to say they are'nt Civil War era buttons crying01 but either WWI or WWII . those are what is called the great Seal buttons and they were introduced in 1902 for the Army and have been used ever since. they look of the older variety though can you read any of the backmarks on them as that might narrow them down more . they are still great buttons and you don't see them to often . in the ten or twelve years of relic hunting i've only found one .congrats again :peace:

Dan

Killer Tn
04-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I sure thought I had CW era stuff, I should have done some more research before I posted . I sure was proud to find those anyway . Thanks for the info. There was some CW things that took place in this area according to things I have read and people I have talked to . I'm just going to keep on looking , and hope for the best. Killer

coinnut
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Great group of buttons :clapping: Maybe someone threw away a jacket?? I have found only a couple of them, and most of mine are damaged. Nice finds for sure :happydance01:

Civil War Nut
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
WTG Killer at least you done better than I did today. Other than the ditch.

Toadman
04-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Still great finds dude ! Anything with an eagle on it is a good find.. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

jkress
04-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Look at all those gorgeous buttons. :shocked04: :peace:
That is awesome to find so many on one hunt... and so close together. I wish they could have been CW buttons for you, but WWI or II is excellent too. There has got to be some CW stuff there somewhere, you'll find it sooner or later.
Congrats.

Ill Digger
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Still great finds dude ! Anything with an eagle on it is a good find.. :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:
lol lol Good way to put it Rick!

Nice haul!
Congrats :grin:

Evan/tn
04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Nice looking buttons Killer
Cool finding them all in one spot!

RobW
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Even though they are not Civil War era, they are still some great finds! :clapping: