PDA

View Full Version : we need a find of the month contest

dave in iowa
04-02-2011, 10:20 PM
we should have one if we dont already.

Spike
04-02-2011, 10:24 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Good idea but how could we reward the winner :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

randy
04-03-2011, 07:09 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Good idea but how could we reward the winner :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

I like the idea. They could just be honored in a Find of the Month thread or something, which could be a running list of all winners, or they could get a special avatar for the months or something.

Spike
04-03-2011, 08:09 AM
thumbsup01 But the way my luck has been I would be happy for A find in a month lol lol

Kimster
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I agree. And the winner should be posted in a new forum catagory or somewhere in the header for the site. Let the moderators choose, or form a group of interested web contributors, or post several choices picked by either of those sources, and let the member have a final vote that lasts for, say, three days at the end of each month.

silysavg
04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree. And the winner should be posted in a new forum catagory or somewhere in the header for the site. Let the moderators choose, or form a group of interested web contributors, or post several choices picked by either of those sources, and let the member have a final vote that lasts for, say, three days at the end of each month.

It would have to be something found with a metal detector. That's a given I assume?
It can't be something found while detecting but where the detector is not the finder.

The only reason I say this is because I found an 18k man's gold chain laying in the sand of a closed for season swimming area after they had graded the sand back up onto the beach but I did not actually go over it with the detector at the time. It was a bit far off to the side of my normal sweep and I just spotted it when I was following the coil.

Another time, when the property owner had hired some company to dredge the shallow part of the pond he has, the big pile of dirt from the pond bottom had an exposed Walking Liberty half.
I spotted it while my buddy and I sat on a nearby cut down tree eating lunch.

dave in iowa
04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I've seen it done this way , on some contests , , Someone sets the 1st prize , and the winner each month sets the next prize. something like that , set a limit on the value i guess, coins or a detecting related item. just a thought. :thinkingabout:

Toadman
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Maybe the prize could travel to a new winners house every month. :beerbuddy:..And the contest could be stickied somewhere, instead of a new thread.. :peace: It would be nice to see pics of a new winner every month holding the prize..

russellt
04-09-2011, 04:50 PM
sounds good. but i think acknowledgement would be enough for the winner. a find of the month winner thread would be cool :clapping: