PDA

View Full Version : couple of rosies

randy
04-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Had a couple hours yesterday morning to try a new site, a 1950's era site. Most obvious area seemed hit pretty well without even much clad or trash, so hit my backup area, and hit on the first rosie pretty quickly, so I decided to focus here.

This area was much trashier and had deeper clad, so whoever was pounding the other part wasn't bothering with it, which was fine with me.

Long story short, I hit an area a little larger than the size of the coil that had 3 ferrous targets, a wheatie, two memorials, a junk jewelery, a good sounding piece of junk, and the other rosie. It amazes me how the E-Trac givesd you the the good stuff in such a mess. I guess having alot of conductive targets in there helped.

Trash is your friend, and I'm glad the other guy isn't bothering with this area. Site was never high on my list, but maybe there are a couple more silvers in there.

angellionel
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Had a couple hours yesterday morning to try a new site, a 1950's era site. Most obvious area seemed hit pretty well without even much clad or trash, so hit my backup area, and hit on the first rosie pretty quickly, so I decided to focus here.

This area was much trashier and had deeper clad, so whoever was pounding the other part wasn't bothering with it, which was fine with me.

Long story short, I hit an area a little larger than the size of the coil that had 3 ferrous targets, a wheatie, two memorials, a junk jewelery, a good sounding piece of junk, and the other rosie. It amazes me how the E-Trac givesd you the the good stuff in such a mess. I guess having alot of conductive targets in there helped.

Trash is your friend, and I'm glad the other guy isn't bothering with this area. Site was never high on my list, but maybe there are a couple more silvers in there.

Trash is your friend indeed! I can vouch for that. :happydance01: Nice pair of Roosevelt dimes. :smitten: I think you are right, there may be a few more silver pieces at that site just waiting to be rescued. thumbsup01

JTGOLD
04-03-2011, 09:27 AM
silver dimes are always a nice find,wtg.

jkress
04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Great way to pick out that silver in the trash Randy. Yeah, the trashy areas provide great cover for silver from other hunters.
Congrats on the pair. :clapping:

odave
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Two good finds !! Congrats on the Silver Rosies thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Carver
04-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice FDRs!!!!!

Ill Digger
04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
I'll take those finds all day long!! :yes:
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....only thing better then a silver on a dig is...........two! Gud scoff youz! <;)

aloldstuff
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Silver among the trash, gotta love being able to discover it. congrats, nice hunt

RobW
04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Nice finds, had to be hard to pinpoint that though? :yes:

RaZR
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Wat to double up on the Rosey's. That sounds like a place you can pull more from.
Just keep hitting those good tones.