PDA

View Full Version : First Fisher F-Five Finds

Dimeman
04-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Got my F5 yesterday from my local dealer, at a small group hunt we had, and took it out this morning for it's 1st official hunt. Went to school SPARK PARK( SPARK PARK--schoolyard area where after school and weekends a fenced schoolyard area,with a totlot, is used as a public park)--- I know I can always get some clad there. :)

From using Whites for over 20 years to still learning the AT Pro------- and now another new machine to learn..... :confused: :confused:

I had downloaded the manual and have been reading it going over and over different sections------having the detector in my hands and reading the ground balancing instructions and attempting to get it close was interesting.....after a Whites M6 and Garrett AT Pro this one has a little more to do to get a ground balance.
I got it close---but due to some sections of fill dirt in the park, the GB numbers kept changing. The manual says it is best to re-ground balance when the numbers on the left and right of the screen are way off( they both should be very close)

I re balanced about 4 times hoping it was close enough. :dontknow:

I did a quick scan of the totlot to see if the F5 was working..... I got 2 dimes, 2 quarters and a penny, and the police car was at the bottom of a slide. It seemed to be working OK so I decided to try the grass areas hoping to find some older coins in this 1920's schoolyard.

I played with the DISC settings for about 20 minutes while searching, then set it where it knocked out Zincs and everything below Zincs. I know I missed some items.... but for a new different brand detector and yet another learning experience I was just out to explore what the F5 was about for the 1st hunt.
I had went thru the 4 tone settings and settled on the d4-- 4 tone mode.

It was finding coins and since the coil size is about 5 1/2 X 10, I really didn't have to use the pinpoint button on the detector only but a few times. The coil does very well with the X- pattern to locate the center spot where the target is.
I took a water break after 1 1/2 hours and then went back to searching.

I played around with the DISC settings some more and got a few nickels along with some older discolored clad coins.
The F5 is lighter than the AT Pro which is lighter than my Whites IDX........and it's very easy to swing.
Another detector I am liking alot. I don't think I was getting the full potential as I think I had the Gain ( SENS) setting at about 40 or 60 and the ground balance was off. :rolleyes:

But it rings the tones very good on the coins I was locating and even with the lightweight headphones I used, I heard the tones loud and clear every target.

This is going to be a great totlot detector------light and hits very good on targets. :grin: :grin:

Vito
04-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Great first hunt, Robbie. Nice police-car. One kid will be very sad :crying02: . TNX for writing down your first impression.

Good Luck on your next hunt.

Vito

coinnut
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
First time out with it and the cops show up already :shocked04: Good thing you can just pocket them and keep hunting rofl Nice hunt for a quick lesson on it.