PDA

View Full Version : Sunday afternoon hunt 4 3 2011

sandals
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
....after taking Ileen where she needed to go and getting her business taken care of, I just had to make the most of the remainder of the day....so off I went in search of anything ....ended up back in my old home town, where there is a lot of history....was thinking of just doing some schools since they are very old but wanted something more....so, into the wooded area by the playground I went....my first target was the large coin (?)....it is the same size as the large cent, which I included for comparison....couple inches away, the 1947 nickel...couple inches from that, the silver plated spoon (I researched and found it to be from 1938)...then things got quiet, some trash and I decided to see what the playground had....ended up with $1.52 in clad, not including nickel....went back into the wooded area for a bit more and found some little do dad stuff and decided to head on home.....tomorrow I am meeting with my dealer to go hunt an old field out east and I will show him the 'coin' to see what he can figure out....it was great this weekend....thanks for looking, HH

Carver
04-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Looks like a large to me Sandie,,,hope it cleans up for ya :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

odave
04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Good hunt Sandi thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I agree with Dan it does look like a Large Cent..
Good luck tomorrow Sandi, I hope You find some Silver thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Dave

DaleGM
04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
glad to see ya finally getting out Sandie, you must have seen your little Robbins flying and playing around again, good hunt!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

dave in iowa
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
i use a coin cleaning oil, most times bring some detail out , try some olive oil maybe.

steve in so az
04-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Sure looks like some neat finds. Northing as old as a lg cent here so I don't know. I have had a lot of luck with olive oil - takes a week or so of working it daily with a wooden toothpick. Steve in so az

Ill Digger
04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
It sure looks like a copper of some sort :yes: :thinkingabout:
Nice finds!!
Congrats on the copper!! :grin:

RobW
04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
definatly looks to be a copper

Carl in Louisiana
04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
A great looking hunt to me Sandy thumbsup01 8)