PDA

View Full Version : A Reale Great Day!

RobW
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
On Saturday, I couldn't get anyone to join up with me, Al had to work, and I asked Tim (MADirtfisher) to join, but her couldn't make it eaither. So I hit an area they had just tore up in town...and nothing!

So I had a theory about some possible productive sites in Springfield (ANGEL'S Turf)......

I hit one spot, started digging a lot of clad, then a silver earing, more clad, a small silver band, a few wheats....and then I got THE HIT...I dug down about 4-5 inches and there's a very well worn Merc..191?.... :happydance01:.......THEN I go back over the whole to recheck....still getting a silver hit :shocked04:...spill?.....no it's deeper.....about 2 inches down....out comes this reale :shocked04: :shocked04:<:....I hadn't even filled the hole and I'm calling AL to rub it in! :teasing: :tongue: I was expecting (or should I say hoping) to find silver, but definatly was not expecting colonial silver at this spot....and for both to be in the same hole...well that was a coincidence in a lifetime...and they were the only silvers (coins) for the day...but boy did that reale make my day.

The date was worn off and I do not know the denomination (the only other's I've dug have been 2 reales and are much larger), it's about the size of a nickle, 1 reale?Anyone?

Needless to say, apparently my theory was right...just follow Angel rofl

Carl in Louisiana
04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Wow nice silver take thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Angel not going to like you today rofl

RaZR
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Nice old silver!!! Looks like the others missed out on a really good dance. :yes:
Can't wait to find out what you got there.

aloldstuff
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I am going to start ignoring these calls, but reale, great find and I mean reale. I think you took the mojo overboard judging Sundays hunt. Following Angel is the way to go.

RobW
04-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Looks like the others missed out on a really good dance. :yes:

Oh yeah, I was dancing...2 different dances...1) The silver ance happydance02 and 2) I had to go really bad, and there was no where to go, and people were all around, and I didn't want to leave...luckily I didn't and scored these two lol

RobW
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I am going to start ignoring these calls, but reale, great find and I mean reale. I think you took the mojo overboard judging Sundays hunt. Following Angel is the way to go.

Yeah, I'll take a photo...you know what these are? lol And post something tomorrow about the 3 of us going out

aloldstuff
04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
photo photo sounds familiar, which I had the tech knowledge, equipment, I will someday.

RobW
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
photo photo sounds familiar, which I had the tech knowledge, equipment, I will someday.

Tin Types are not compatible with your computer rofl

aloldstuff
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
WHY:huh:thinkingabout:

del
04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
spanish reale :smitten: sweet coin Rob and yes it looks like a 1 reale from the size or about 12 1/2 cents worth lol lol great find :cheering:

RobW
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
spanish reale :smitten: sweet coin Rob and yes it looks like a 1 reale from the size or about 12 1/2 cents worth lol lol great find :cheering:

Thanks for the ID, I knew you or George with ya'll encyclopedic knowledge :thinkingabout: would know thumbsup01

coinnut
04-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Sweet finds...but I doubt Angel was there or all there would have been left is pull tabs and aluminum screw caps lol But I would avoid him for a while rofl

pulltabsteve
04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a 1 reale size to me! AWESOME find :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, awesome finds!! :cheering: Would love to see that reale closer up.

I don't know about anyone else, but following behind Angel has never been my theory of the best way to find silver lol

angellionel
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Woohoo! :happydance01: Sweet find Rob! :clapping: Don't worry, I'll get to that location eventually. lol

russellt
04-04-2011, 08:29 PM
turf war.. or not...... looks magnificent to me

jkress
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Incredible find Rob! Pulling a Merc is cause for celebration... but finding the Reale is mind blowing. :shocked04:
Obviously the chances are very high that those two coins did not come out of the same pocket/pouch, but the odds are staggering that those two coins were dropped generations apart on the same six inch square piece of ground. That is one of the coolest metal detecting stories I have ever heard. :clapping:
Congrats!!
I would love to see a better shot of that beauty.

hockeyguy
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
very very nice....sure looks like a 1 reale to me too! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: do the dance! :cheering: :peace:

MassDirtFisher
04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Rob it was great to hunt with you and Al, Im sorry we struck out on that farm , there are 2 others down that road that we will hunt soon, its better hunting with others to keep up the motivation, See you guys soon, thanks for the invite guys. Congrats on the Reale. Im sure that the land we will cover will produce some similar finds, I got my first 1600's coin from that area, theres bound to be more. Im going to talk to a few more property owners and will be in touch. Happy Hunting!!!

randy
04-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Sweet finds Rob. :clapping: Just clean that spot out before Angel gets there :yes:

Ill Digger
04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Thats a great find!! And a great story! A Reale is in the top 3 of my wish list! :yes:
:envious: :envious: :envious: I don't know what else to say.... |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

JTGOLD
04-05-2011, 09:32 AM
awsome find for sure,wtg.

RobW
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Thank you, but as we all know...it's just a metter of whose coil is over it first AND understands that the detector is saying to them...I was just lucky it was me......and not Angel lol

odave
04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Reale treasure is always great to find thumbsup01

Carver
04-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Congrats on the silver,,especially the Reale <: <: <: