PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Using Them ?

fsa46
04-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Does anyone take pruning shears with them when MDing woods and homesteads ? I started to take a small pair of pruning shears with me because it's a pain cutting the roots of trees and plants with my digging tool. Although my digging tool has a sharp serrated cutting edge, I find it a lot easier to reach in with the shears and cut the roots at the edge of the hole.

They are small enough to fit in my junk bag and has made dealing with the roots a lot easier. If you don't like dealing with the roots, give the shears a try, they may be just what the doctor ordered.

coinnut
04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I use a small folding saw that fits into my pouch. I use it a lot actually lol Some people use a sheet rock saw and have it in a case on their belt.

wagon wheel
04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I think it's a great idea...I'm going to drop a pair into my bag this evening!!!

w.w.

v3ikid
04-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I have an older style Leatherman tool with one of the best saw blades i've ever seen. They are folding needlenose pliers with all the war tools. I've been cutting branches and roots for years with it and still surprising people with how well they cut.

Jeff (or)
04-08-2011, 01:41 AM
I use a small folding saw that fits into my pouch. I use it a lot actually lol Some people use a sheet rock saw and have it in a case on their belt.

Same here, a small folding saw. Had it for years. they work excellent. :)

russellt
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
i carry dynomite.. until i place it ................

p52ntwrk
06-01-2012, 12:25 AM
i use a drywall saw similar to this one
shreds tough roots and grass patches
makes decent plugs if you dont use a lesche.