PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt of the Year

z118
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I got out tonight for my first real hunt of the year. It was only 33 degrees out and very, very windy but I just had to get some digging in. I headed to a new spot that I had received permission to hunt over the winter. I'm not expecting great things at this spot but I would hope a few goodies might show up. Conditions were cold and very muddy, but I had fun regardless. The new spot proved to be about what I would have expected. After just under two hours I had found 33 coins, 4 of which were wheats. I also dug a piece of costume jewelry (stamped Germany and something else I can't make out), a Timex watch, and an odd mangled item that I assume was a bracelet of some sort with symbols on it - including swastikas. And insight into this item would be appreciated. I would guess it predates WWII if only because of the swastikas. My best guess is that it was some sort of homemade good luck charm bracelet or something. You tell me. At any rate it was great to get out! I'm looking forward to really getting into the swing as the weather warms up.

Happy Hunting...

jkress
04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Glad to see you getting out again Z. :clapping:
Lots of nice digs. The bracelet item is an interesting find.
I'll bet there are some goodies hiding at your new spot just waiting for your return trip.
Congrats.

del
04-05-2011, 07:50 PM
hey its great to hear you finally getting out Z and congrats on the coins and relics . :clapping: :clapping: the brooch is a very cool looking piece by the way.

odave
04-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Good finds !!

JTGOLD
04-05-2011, 10:07 PM
very good hunt,wtg.

Carver
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Great to see ya getting out,,,nice hunt happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

aloldstuff
04-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Hopefully it will warm up for ya and I will take 4 wheats any day.

randy
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats on finally getting out. Can't wait to see the finds pile up.

marinedad
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
nice finds for the first of the year, i think the american indians used the swastika like insignia as a prosperity or good luck. at least i think so, as i have seen it on other indian theemed items.

coinnut
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Good looking fiond Z. That brooch looks fairly old too. The copper bracelet is an odd one. It may help to Google symbols and their meanings and see if them symbols add up to something. Maybe a treasure map lol I bet it feels good to finally get out and hunt, after reading about everyone else already hunting lol