PDA

View Full Version : I ain't no silver magnet lol

coinnut
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I spied a very small park a week ago and wasn't sure if I would just go hit it or ask permission. Having the Police Department a couple of doors down didn't help either. So I asked the dispatcher if it was OK to metal detect and she said...Hmmm, I don't know, no one has ever asked before :confused: So I was instructed to go to try the Park and Rec dep't but I opted for the town hall lol Saw the secretary of the Selectmen and asked and she said Hmmm... No one has ever asked before 8/ lol And then she said it's public property, so I guess it's OK <: <: :peace: So I decided today that I would use that E Trac for what it was made for ...SILVER ;) Well I ain't no silver magnet that's for sure :rolleyes: This park is small, and heavilly littered with all kinds of junk and iron. Bad neighborhood, but next to the Police so I was safe lol Finally drew up a 1936 Mercury with a wheat. Some more wheats and some clad came soon after. But old habits are hard to break, and I thought I had some deep silver only to see a big green disk come out :shocked04: Yep, a large cent at 9 happydance02 happydance02 On the way back to the car some more deep silver lol Yep, a second large cent. :peace: :peace: I can't find the silver very well, but them coppers sure do love me this year. :dontknow: Not too shabby for a 3 hour hunt.

Epi-hunter
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
That's really funny George lol You go to a park and still dig up coppers. Did you forget to tell your detector that it was at a park and not a cellar hole? rofl

Really nice finds :clapping: Both silver and coppers :cheering:

pipster
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
i would take them coppers any day good hunt and good job of going through the proper channels to get promission thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

rsarge1
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
awesome wtg :clapping: :clapping:

Carl in Louisiana
04-06-2011, 02:04 PM
:shocked04: Sweet coins thumbsup01 :happydance01: happydance02 I have never dug a LC, just seen them on the forums lol

angellionel
04-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Not a silver magnet, but yes to a copper magnet, right? lol You have been killing the coppers. :clapping: It's a good thing you were persistent, for you were rewarded with some nice keepers. :happydance01:

pulltabsteve
04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
NICE!
It would figure you would get Large Cents next door to a police station. ITS LOADED WITH COPPERS rofl rofl
Great finds George!!!!! thumbsup01

del
04-06-2011, 03:36 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: your so good George i think you could find coppers in a cat's litter box lol lol ... but the real question we all want to know is :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:
would you dig them :-\ lol lol

i don't know guys his mind is pretty wired for listening to them coppers , maybe a few more humble beatings lessons from Angel and he could start to see some silver on a regular basis . lol lol

congrats on the coppers George did you happen to notice any of the dates (how old are they:huh:)

Toadman
04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Silver is ALWAYS a welcome sight !! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

coinnut
04-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Did you forget to tell your detector that it was at a park and not a cellar hole? rofl

Not a silver magnet, but yes to a copper magnet, right? lol

I can't understand it :confused: I was in Conductive - Multi lol That is supposed to find silver ...right?? :dontknow:

NICE!
It would figure you would get Large Cents next door to a police station. ITS LOADED WITH COPPERS rofl rofl

They put up a good fight, but I just used the old donut on a string trick and got them into my truck lol

i would take them coppers any day good hunt and good job of going through the proper channels to get promission thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

:shocked04: Sweet coins thumbsup01 :happydance01: happydance02 I have never dug a LC, just seen them on the forums lol

Silver is ALWAYS a welcome sight !! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Thanks guys. It was not what I expected today, but I really enjoyed it lol

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: your so good George i think you could find coppers in a cat's litter box lol lol ... but the real question we all want to know is :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:
would you dig them :-\ lol lol

congrats on the coppers George did you happen to notice any of the dates (how old are they:huh:)

Would I dig it? :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: You bet! lol Them coppers look like braided hair (nice and thick).

sandals
04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
very nice hunting!

randy
04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Congrats on that copper and silver :clapping: Keep hitting that place.

Carver
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
That's a great hunt George!!!!

mike l
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Very nice :clapping:

odave
04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
A very good hunt !! Congrats George thumbsup01 thumbsup01

jkress
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Score on the silver George! :clapping: You went through several hoops to find those keepers. :yes:
I could see one of the items in your pile looked a little familiar... so I went a searching. Found it. :yes: lol Definitely wasn't the LC's. :rolleyes:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectoristMisc/pictures/picture-24.jpg

... &quot:beerbuddy:ut old habits are hard to break. thumbsup01 lol :peace:

Great hunt.

hockeyguy
04-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Nice digs George.....keep it up and you'll hit ur goal this year 4 sure.

RobW
04-07-2011, 07:49 AM
:shocked04: More LC's... |:confused:)

You are to Coppers as Angel is to silver

Hoping to meet up with you today...maybe you can teach this old dog some new tricks. :yes:

exsquid
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice finds....maybe another trip is required....? WTG!!

coinnut
04-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Score on the silver George! :clapping: You went through several hoops to find those keepers. :yes:
I could see one of the items in your pile looked a little familiar... so I went a searching. Found it. :yes: lol Definitely wasn't the LC's. :rolleyes:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectoristMisc/pictures/picture-24.jpg

... &quot:beerbuddy:ut old habits are hard to break. thumbsup01 lol :peace:

Great hunt.

Wow that is the same, except mine is the headless horseman lol

zrickkid
04-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Nice coppers George! Were you able to get a year off either of them? :angelic:

coinnut
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Were you able to get a year off either of them? :angelic:

Not yet, but soon lol I'm in hunting mode and will get to them sooner or later. ;)

Ill Digger
04-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Not too shabby for a 3 hour hunt.

Not to shabby at all!! thumbsup01 |:confused:)
Different setting for you, but with the same results lol thumbsup01
Can't complain about that! :daydream:
Nice finds George!
Congrats :grin:

staydetuned
04-08-2011, 01:41 AM
It would figure you would get Large Cents next door to a police station. ITS LOADED WITH COPPERS

Man oh man... that's pretty good... lol

Man, great work coinnut! I would take large cents over mercs ad barbers any day. I wish we had those things in our parks out west!! That's just awesome thumbsup01

As for permission for public parks, I've always found leaving well enough alone to be the best route. I mean, it seems like if you start asking questions in bureaucratic circles that have no official answer, sooner or later someone in an office somewhere, not understanding what we're doing, will say No just to be on the safe side. And since it isn't officially codified into law, well, maybe we should do it, just to be safe. I think it's natural to be paranoid, but I think the sooner we act like, and truly believe, that we have every right to responsibly metal detect, then it becomes more acceptable. I think I've only been asked to leave a public park twice in my 6 years of detecting, and only then because a passerby (who didn't watch the entire recovery process) complained and the cops were forced to respond. I actually detect very often at 2 local parks with police stations across the street - never in a million years could I imagine them thinking anything negative about it!

Of course there are times when permission is necessary and the correct thing to do. However, in regards to public parks, I think the the less attention we bring to ourselves among the bureaucrats the better.

Just my 2 cents thumbsup01

russellt
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
very nice finds for sure