PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd hunt with the F5

Dimeman
04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Fisher F5 -- 2nd time out

This morning I brought the F5, to 2 park areas, and at each one, did a quick scan of the totlot, then hit the grass areas.

The F5 worked great in the totlot area, as I could get very close to the metal equipment with the thin width, 5 1/2 X 10 inch coil. I like the 4 tones mode, so I am using it, as the nickels are a higher tone than pulltabs.

When the VDI shows 30 ( nickel) and it doesn't jump a number or 2 up or down----------it is a nickel. All the clad dimes I got today were at number 70 and the clad quarters were either number 80 or 81.

No old coins but located over $7 in clad--a good total for the 2nd outing.

coinnut
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Nice hunt. Is the F5 the unit directly under the F75?? Have not heard a great deal about the F5. :confused: But you are digging them pull tab readings right?? They could be GOLD lol Nice to know that coil can get close to iron and still be able to hunt. Would work nicely next to the sidewalks where I have found some coins others missed due to the rebar in the sidewalk. This is the best hobby in the world. We can buy a machine and actually pay for it with clad. lol What other hobby pays for itself?? thumbsup01

Dimeman
04-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm digging every signal, trying to learn the numbers and see what I can find.

The Fisher F series are F75LTD, F70, F5, F4 then F2.

Vito
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Robbie. Congrats on the finds.

Now what about the weight and the balance? Do you think it's a machine for all day hunting?

Dimeman
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey Robbie. Congrats on the finds.

Now what about the weight and the balance? Do you think it's a machine for all day hunting?

With my lightweight headphones on it, it weighs exactly 3.0 lbs. If you are used to a 4.5lb detector you will think the F5 is as light as a feather.

angellionel
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks Robbie! It's good to know about the different machines out there and their capabilities. We never know when we will have an opportunity to use one. thumbsup01