PDA

View Full Version : CO visit and the elusive Gold

exsquid
04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Had a quick trip back to Denver for my work, so got to head out on three separate days/hunts with Mel and had Pipster along for two days/hunts. What a great time we had! Mel, as usual, was quite the host for his incredible hunting grounds around Denver. I still find myself amazed at the sheer amount of areas to hunt in and around Denver. I cannot tell you the total number of huge totlots we have hit on my two visits to Denver but we have not hit any of them twice... it is simply amazing to me compared to what we have available in my neck of the woods....

The hope was to find some of that elusive (for me) Colorado gold... :) but once again Denver sent me home without it.... It was very nice in that it sent me home with silver for the second time..... and in my book that works out just fine... :happydance01: Guess that means I just gotta go back again... :yes:

Our first afternoon out I had one of those please be real moments when I uncovered a bling ring...
Just enough of a flash of yellow to make your heart skip a beat. This baby has 66 stones in it.... to bad it's not the real thing... lol

The second day out we started at amost dark and hit a bunch of places. At one of the stops I uncovered another glimpse of yellow.... this time it turned out to be a reale letdown rofl As in a fake spanish Reale....Found a couple more cheapie rings. The last place we hunted that night offered up a nice little siver necklace and was my find of the night.

The next afternoon before I had to catch my flight, we were back at it working it hard trying one last time for another good score. Found 7 rat tokens in one hole but I had the big fish of the day...as you can see in the picture.... rofl

Hope you enjoy the pictures... Thanks for looking!

Mel, I appreciate the time hunting together again... I wish you continued success in your quest for the gold and all the silver Denver can muster up for you. Enjoyed hunting with you and your sidekick Pipster. You guys keep hitting it hard and keep the pictures coming...love to see the gold even when we don't find it... |:confused:)

Totals for the hunts:
1 Dollar Coin
22Q
24D
14N
64P
3 Cheapie Rings
Silver necklace/Pendant
125 clad coins @ $10.24

odave
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Sounds like you had a blast hunting with Mel and Pipster thumbsup01
Good bunch of finds !! That Ring is sweet ..fake or not thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Looks like you had a reale good time hunting with the Colorado Gold slinger and his Partner. 8) thumbsup01 Very nice finds and a good clad haul. Man those kind of rings can sure get the heart pumping...extra fast... rofl lol Glad the three of you had a blast together be stories to tell till the next trip lol lol :grin:

exsquid
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Mel is always a pleasure to hunt with. He IS the real deal and his passion for the hobby and finding gold is second to no one! :yes:

Had a real good time meeting up with Pipster too. Another great MD hunter who was really giving Mel and I a run for the money.... and in this case, the gold, beings he was the only one to score this round.... lol

Denver is definately a spot on my radar for any opportunities that somehow come my way.... looking forward to the next chance to do it all again....

On the way home on the plane I remembered that it was my goal to get a picture of the three of us yesterday while we were out but due to the big push for finds slipped my tired old brain... 8/

M-Taliesin
04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Howdy Larry!
It was my utmost pleasure to show you some of our local digging sites. I just wanted for you to find gold badly enough I probably took my own mind off the game or I should have at least matched or bettered Pipster! LOL!

I also wanted to get photos of the three of us, but my focus on hunting got the better of me. All I could think of was where we might go to find the gold! For some reason, it seemed more important for you to find a bit of gold than for me to find it myself. Guess I just wanted to be a good host and all, and sure wished we'd had just a little better luck. The thing is, you just never know where it will turn up.

Next time you make your way to Colorado, we'll take you out to some other places you ain't seen yet. So far, despite the number of locations we've already visited, we've only hit a small particle of what's available hereabouts.
We still haven't crossed west of I-25, haven't gone north, south or west, and have plenty of places to show you next time around. Sooner or later, we're going to send you home with gold!!! As I've said often while we were hunting together... if you put in enough time, you just gotta score gold. It's the law of averages. Simple as that.

Meanwhile, we'll be looking forward to your next visit to our stomping grounds, and maybe plan a trip out your way sometime in the coming year. I enjoyed your company on our hunts, and hope to share more with you in days to come!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Marcus
04-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow Larry great finds....love that gold ring!

russellt
04-09-2011, 02:38 PM
super hunt . i think mt could sneeze and find gold ..looks like you did great yourself

Snickerdoodle
04-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Glad you got together hunting with Mel and Pipster
Good bunch of finds !! Quite a varitty!!!

pipster
04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
it was really great meeting you as well you did really great as well. it is always good to put a face to the posts, and the next time you stop in if i am still in denver than we will have to take you to my restaurant. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 <: <: <:

Ill Digger
04-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Aww man! :( That would've been a heart attack for me! :shocked04:
But you can't complain about .925 anyway it comes ! lol Thats a nice chunk of silver there! :clapping:
It good to get out and hunt with friends! It's even cooler when you can hunt with your buddies across the country!! 8) thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

Carver
04-10-2011, 06:57 AM
WTG on the silver Larry!!!!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Evan/tn
04-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the silver and ring,cool to hear ya got to meet up with Mel and Pip for some good digging!