PDA

View Full Version : Relic hunt with 1147SILVER and RobW

coinnut
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Had an chance to get together with 1147SILVER (Steve) and RobW for a marathon hunt. Started the day off early with Steve at some sites he found which were really nice sites. :yes: Evereyone else must have thought so too, since they were picked clean lol We did find some targets but just couldn't make a copper appear. :dontknow: In the afternoon got together with Rob at the site that has given me the 7 coppers total. Hit 2 other sites too, but just some buttons from them. But that first site really likes me and today was no different lol Slim pickins until I got a 11-47 hit on the E Trac. That's right Steve, I said 1147 lol Was thinking of you when I dug it. Expected a copper on angle but the target was too small, so I got the baby shown below :shocked04: I guess I just can't get my park finds and my cellar hole finds straight rofl Was good spending some time detecting with a couple of great guys :clapping: |:confused:) |:confused:)

del
04-08-2011, 02:50 AM
:shocked04:stretcher: wow you found that at the 7 copper site , very cool George . have i told you lately how much i hate you lol rofl :tongue:

sure wish i could join you and the other gents today :daydream: , i keep it up and Rob might get a complex :poke:, sorry Rob
congrats on the silver and buttons buddy. thumbsup01

randy
04-08-2011, 06:08 AM
:omg: that is a beauty. Surprised it was 11-47, was there another target in the hole?

coinnut
04-08-2011, 06:17 AM
:shocked04:stretcher: wow you found that at the 7 copper site , very cool George . have i told you lately how much i hate you lol rofl :tongue:

I figured I would not be getting any of these :smitten: :loveit: :kiss:. Pretty sure we both walked over this one before :thinkingabout: Right near a small tree form where the buttons were coming out. A stones throw from the cellar hole :dontknow: I think the angle made it easy to miss and the fact that it was against a main root didn't help either lol

:omg: that is a beauty. Surprised it was 11-47, was there another target in the hole?

No other target, but at an angle against a good size root. Only about 5, but a nice smooth, but soft reading. If I wasn't going slow, I would have missed this one for sure.
My machine was working good all day and then the numbers started to be off a bit. Had another signal about 10 feet away that read 09-46, 12-47, 11-45 and I thought for sure I had a copper on edge. Even called Rob over to witness lol Out popped a flat button :shocked04: Never had a flat button read that high before. There is a fair amount of iron littered around.

angellionel
04-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Wow! :drool: She is a beauty! :smitten: A reading of 11-47 at such a site would have had my heart racing. lol It's great that you guys got together. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Very nice G! way to go man! thumbsup01

RobW
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
It was good meeting up with George, hadn't met up with him since last season. First time cellar hole hunting with the E-Trac....definatly a horse of a different color :yes:

George felt BAD for me...since I hadn't found anything..and gave me a freebie...he found the target, called me over, I thought he just wanted to show me the signal, then he said dig and walked off. But it did give me an idea of what to look for.

I dug a lot of trash. And finally 2 buttons of my own. I did get a dime too.......1967 :bangahead01: :mad:

del
04-08-2011, 11:27 AM
It was good meeting up with George, hadn't met up with him since last season. First time cellar hole hunting with the E-Trac....definatly a horse of a different color :yes:

George felt BAD for me...since I hadn't found anything..and gave me a freebie...he found the target, called me over, I thought he just wanted to show me the signal, then he said dig and walked off. But it did give me an idea of what to look for.

I dug a lot of trash. And finally 2 buttons of my own. I did get a dime too.......1967 :bangahead01: :mad:

don't let him take pity on you rob and he's got some nerve to pulled the ol' give you the clad dime while i get the seated silver trick huh. lol lol :poke: just kidding with ya . G is a good man and i'm glad you two got out to hit a cellar , hope you get another chance out with us both next time .

Dan

RobW
04-08-2011, 12:31 PM
It would definatly be nice to finally get to meet you Dan! :yes:

Ill Digger
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I guess I just can't get my park finds and my cellar hole finds straight rofl
lol It just gos to show the old saying still holds true; You never know whats in the next hole! :yes:
Thats a beauty G!! In good shape too! :drool: 11-47 does sound awful high :confused: Was it real shallow? :dontknow:
Either way it's safe and sound with ya now! And thats all that matters thumbsup01 lol
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
11-47 does sound awful high :confused: Was it real shallow? :dontknow:

It's just one CO number higher than the usual 12-46. That's what they usually read on my machine, sometimes 12-45. It was not that deep at around 5 and angled against the root. I probably won't get a lot of silver this year, but if I can keep scoring some from that era, I would be really happy. :happydance01:

Ill Digger
04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
but if I can keep scoring some from that era, I would be really happy. :happydance01:
Oh! lol I bet you would be! :yes: And I can't blame ya lol

pulltabsteve
04-09-2011, 06:00 AM
WOW :happydance01: That dime is a beauty George!!! happydance02 I have to get an Etrac and see what all these 11-47 numbers are all about thumbsup01

Carver
04-09-2011, 07:31 AM
What a beauty of a coin George!!!!! Great finds for sure <: <: <: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Epi-hunter
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Now that is a perfect 11-47 :happydance01: :peace: It is a beauty! But your E-Trac is confused George lol You go to parks and dig coppers and now you go to a cellar hole and dig silver lol

Congrats on a great hunt as usual!