PDA

View Full Version : Colonial hunt with Del - SILVER again!!

coinnut
04-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Went out on our usual Saturday relic hunt . We start early and usually get to the site with sun up. We weren't sure where to go, so we went to 2 holes that are close to each other. One was where Del found his hat plate (It likes Dan lol) and the other hole was where I got 7 coppers and the 1849 O Seated Dime (It likes me rofl) So Dan went to his site and I went to mine. I was going to start real slow with the 5 coil and try and score some buttons. But first, I usually wander a bit with the stock 11 coil. I settled in an area just above where I found the dime. It is a small pen between the cellar hole and barn. I only found 1 flat button in an hours hunting :dontknow: Finally I got another scratchy button reading. It was against a main root of a good size tree. Since targets were sparse, I was gonna dig it no matter what lol I removed the leaf litter and about 1 of dirt and hit a solid maze of large roots. Maybe I won't dig it after all rofl So as a last ditch effort, I ran the probe in the hole to see what the signal now read. I was shocked to see 12-46, 13-45, 12-45 solid :drool: :drool: Now I have to dig it. 8/ Took about 20 minutes and a couple of different tools lol but I managed to pry some dirt out and I saw a silver edge of a coin :shocked04: :shocked04: :happydance01: I took some shots with the GPS camera but they are not the best. I couldn't believe I got silver, 2 times in a row. This is one coin of my wish list - a Spanish 1 Reale 1782. Rest of the day was normal and did get a nice decorated early 2 pc button and a Eagle button thumbsup01 Also found some of the smallest rivets I have ever seen. Pictured next to a 22 long shell casing for size. It was a good day detecting today :)

MassDirtFisher
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Congrats on a great hunt!! Happy Hunting!!

sniffy
04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
VERY nice! :happydance01:

Epi-hunter
04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
OMG!!! :shocked04: What a beautiful reale!! Glad to know they come in at 12-46, I dig all of those signals :yes: Except for me they are always clad dimes lol Guess it's a bit different at a cellar hole, wow!!

Great buttons too... I don't know anything about them, but love to see them. Congrats!! :cheering:

russellt
04-09-2011, 06:56 PM
yowza yowza yowza ..........fabulous :perfect10:

del
04-09-2011, 07:11 PM
hey George huge congrats on the reale its a sweet coin and you don't see to many 1 reales dug up . don't know what you did to make that site :loveit:love you :smitten: so much but it just keeps on giving to you ;) and the general service eagle button and fancy civilian dress button are awesome and should clean up well . :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

jkress
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
What an amazing coin. :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:
That must have been a big rush of excitement when you noticed what it was. 1782 silver. <:
Thanks for the photos as you pulled her out... made for a thrilling read.
Man, if that coin could talk. :daydream:
A great big congrats to you sir. :clapping:
Well done George.

zrickkid
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
That 1 reale had a lot of detail on it. An impressive find sir. :yes:

angellionel
04-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Oh man! That is a nice coin. :smitten: All that work paid off! lol Sweet hunt!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
nice job G man! :perfect10: we did lousy today :crying02: 5 sites and one measly flat button gary got 3 buttons.woo hoo! old house hunt tomorrow.large lawn a solo hunt.i have to to better than i did today :eyebrow:

hockeyguy
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Holy :omg:... Way to go. You are off to an amazing start this year. Bet ur glad you carved through those roots! What a hassle but u got the goods! :callme: :callme: :callme:

Ill Digger
04-09-2011, 11:52 PM
lol Yeah I can see how a 12-46 at a site like that would make you voluntarily tangle with a root web like that! :yes: lol :shocked04:
|:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) Great find George!! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) Thats #2 on my wish list too :yes: :envious: :envious: :envious:
:dontknow: All I can say is AWESOME! :envious:
Congrats :grin:

Carver
04-10-2011, 07:11 AM
SWEET Reale George!!!!!!! Sometimes those roots can really stop ya from digging,,,good thing you did!!!! :perfect10: :perfect10:

Evan/tn
04-10-2011, 08:12 AM
That is one sweet coin ya found there coinnut,cool buttons also. I hear ya digging in the roots, sometimes my holes look like root nests :grin:
Great hunt and finds :clapping:

odave
04-10-2011, 11:40 PM
That was worth the dig !! Reale Treasure !! Congrats thumbsup01 thumbsup01

CTDirtFisher
04-11-2011, 06:42 AM
George.... NICE! Silver is always great.... 1800's silver is super sweet... 1700's silver... Priceless! :omg:

RobW
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
:shocked04:, Yes it is true, that site does love you. What I find amazing is how calm you are when you find something good. When you found that other silver last week when we were out, you showed it to me very nonchalatly.....me...well I'd be screaming like a little school girl :cheering:... lol

Congrats on that reale! :clapping:

Civil War Nut
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Now thats nice Cnut. Somebody must have set down under that tree, mite be some more there. If it is a large slow growing tree now.

RobW
04-12-2011, 07:42 AM
So Dan.........anything:huh:thinkingabout: Don't tell me he skunked you that bad, that you didn't even find anything for show and tell! Someday, George is not going to come out of those woods lol

Toadman
04-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Awesome !!! I'll take 1 reale over 50 coppers !! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

tanacat
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
:clapping: happydance02 :happydance01: |:confused:) :happydance01: happydance02 :clapping: |:confused:) :clapping: happydance02 |:confused:)

Oh man aren't you glad you didn't give up on that one!!!

I have to admit I gave up on a good signal once, due to compact root system :cheesysmile: Hmmmm :thinkingabout: maybe I should go back there? lol I remember the spot...

:perfect10: CONGRATS George!!!

del
04-14-2011, 05:13 PM
So Dan.........anything:huh:thinkingabout: Don't tell me he skunked you that bad, that you didn't even find anything for show and tell! Someday, George is not going to come out of those woods lol

Rob i'm cursed from that site i must hate me with a passion >:\ all i got was some iffy scrap iron and part of a pewter spoon handle . :bangshead02: :bangshead02: