PDA

View Full Version : Silver streak ends but found my first and oldest coin

silver star
04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Meet with the group of friends this morning at the old park for some detecting. Old park was a bust so we decided to switch places. I managed to find old luck token with couple clad coins at that park. We went to farm and hunted corn fields where once stood house long time ago. That was my first hunt at the corn fields ever so it was little different then hunting parks and schools :grin:. It was muddy and hard to swing but I enjoyed the hunt. I managed to pull 3 coins at that farm. First I pulled 1920 wheat cent, then got my first and oldest coin so far beautiful 1858 flying eagle cent :happydance01:. After that got 1865 IH penny and also managed to pull bent Oklahoma tax token. We hunted that place for 4 hours. I decided to go to my favorite park and hunt there for couple hours. I got 20,40,40s wheat's and 34D Buffalo from that park. I had great times and fun hunting with the friends. Thanks for looking and best of luck to all. HH Mike

zrickkid
04-09-2011, 10:39 PM
It was great to meet you Mike, IllDigger , and the rest of the bunch. You guys made me feel right at home. Oh and I got my first sunburn of the year on my neck and the left side of my face. :embarrassed: Hope to see you guys again soon. :angelic:

silver star
04-09-2011, 10:41 PM
It was great to meet you Mike, IllDigger , and the rest of the bunch. You guys made me feel right at home. Oh and I got my first sunburn of the year on my neck and the left side of my face. :embarrassed: Hope to see you guys again soon. :angelic:

Same here Ricky :peace: Are you going to Rockford hunt next weekend? HH Mike

zrickkid
04-09-2011, 10:50 PM
That sounds quite possible. :interesting:

Ill Digger
04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
:blackeye: :envious: Three :blackeye: :envious: more GREAT :blackeye: :envious: finds :envious: Mike !! :envious: lol
I thought that was a 1856 !! 8/ Could you imagine if it was?! :shocked04: Either way that was cool!! I'm just glad I was there and able to hold it and ID it!! thumbsup01
I can't forget about the Good Luck token Good for $1,000,000 worth of Good Luck!! That's just too cool!! 8) Can I have the change from that? rofl
Great hunt and yeah I got a little case of the red neck too! lol
Congrats buddy! :grin:
So.... What did you think about your first corn field hunt? :poke: :rolleyes: lol

It was great to meet you Mike, IllDigger , and the rest of the bunch. You guys made me feel right at home.
It was good meeting you too!! thumbsup01

jkress
04-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Wow! Mike... the Flying Eagle are one hard coin to find. Congrats on getting one. :clapping: I haven't even put that on my wish list yet.
You are doing really fantastic with that Ace. Kind of makes me want to get mine back out.
Glad to hear you had a great hunt. :beerbuddy:

pipster
04-09-2011, 11:44 PM
quite a great collection great job on the flying <:

silver star
04-10-2011, 12:29 AM
:blackeye: :envious: Three :blackeye: :envious: more GREAT :blackeye: :envious: finds :envious: Mike !! :envious: lol
I thought that was a 1856 !! 8/ Could you imagine if it was?! :shocked04: Either way that was cool!! I'm just glad I was there and able to hold it and ID it!! thumbsup01
I can't forget about the Good Luck token Good for $1,000,000 worth of Good Luck!! That's just too cool!! 8) Can I have the change from that? rofl
Great hunt and yeah I got a little case of the red neck too! lol
Congrats buddy! :grin:
So.... What did you think about your first corn field hunt? :poke: :rolleyes: lol

It was good meeting you too!! thumbsup01

Thanks Tim, after cleaning it little 6 become 8 on that eagle :dontknow: lol. Corn field hunt much different then hunting nice grassy parks :grin: I did enjoyed the hunt in the field, yeah it was muddy and hard to swing but if you got older coin it is worth it thumbsup01. Now I have two of those good luck tokens, better watch now :poke: lol Are you guys planning to go on that hunt next Saturday in Rockford? Good luck to you guys on tomorrow hunt. HH Mike

del
04-10-2011, 06:28 AM
hey great hunt Mike :peace: and :omg: huge congrats on the flying eagle , minted for only three years they are a rare find these days ;) .

Dan

mike l
04-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Flying eagle is a great find find :beerbuddy:

Carver
04-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Those are the coolest coins!!! Big congrats on that Flying Eagle!!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: Still looking for that coin :dontknow: :dontknow:

milco
04-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Congrats on the flying eagle, that's a nice find!

marinedad
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
well done mike, i had to leave, couldn't take the risk of messing up ankles and knees any more than they are. nice meeting you too rick.

odave
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the Flying Eagle :omg: sweet old Coin !!!
You don't see many of those !! Awesome coin thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

silver star
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone for nice comments. HH Mike

Spike
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
:envious: :envious: :envious: I want a flying eagle sooooo bad crying01 Got to love them firsts thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
04-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Wow, GREAT find!!! :perfect10: You did fantastic! That one is still on my list :)

Toadman
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Love them flyers !!! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: