PDA

View Full Version : question for anyone from the Tampa Bay / St. Pete area

nickelpicker
04-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Last yr. I detected I believe a beach called Honeymoon Island beach. I think it's a state park. Anyway later back home in Ohio I saw on one of the chamber of commerce web sites that this state park is off limit. I thought all Florida beaches are fair game. Can someone enlighten me please Thanks in advance.

Relic Whisperer
05-18-2011, 10:43 AM
I live just south of there and here is what I know. All Florida state parks are off limits although some like Fort DeSoto allow you to get an annual permit (which is free) that allows you to hunt the beaches only from the toe of the dune to the water. Honeymoon may also have this permit policy, but you will have to check with them. All other beaches in Florida with exception to some specific rules to the east cost are fair game from the toe of the dunes to the water and into the water. On the east cost, The treasure coast there are specific rules that do not allow you to hunt in the water and specific rules for what you find on the beach. This is due to the numerous ship wrecks right of the beach on that side. Hope this helps. One last thing, be sure to check on if a permit is needed or they may confiscate your machine. At least that is what i have been told.

nickelpicker
05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
thank you stan, will keep this in mind next time I am down there