PDA

View Full Version : 2 silvers

hockeyguy
04-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Met up with Scott at 8:30 am and we went out to an old airstrip to find very little. In fact only 1 wheat Scott found....1st dig.

Then off to a few parks.....with a possie of kids trailing Scott, he was slow going. Very trashy, I managed the 1919 merc and I think Scott hit an IH penny. Then I found the 5 cent token. :callme: :beerbuddy:

Off to another park and a few miuntes in a got a nice copper sound. Turned out to be this. I am going to say it's a keychain unless someone has a better idea. Very ornate in its designs and a nice piece. :callme:

Shortly after a broken reasonable tone....dimeish....With a new group of kids, out came the 1896 O worn barber dime to my surprise..... :cheering: |:confused:) When I saw the back I was hoping for the seated but was notheless quite happy.

Kept going and met with Scott...decided we'd go another half hour and if nothing, then leave.....int he next few minutes, I found both IH's! We are going back here...there were other plugs dug there so I'g guessing he wasn't using a minelab as Scott found a quarter in a recent dig.

Wheats this week were only 5.

HH Aaron

Epi-hunter
04-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Very nice hunt!!! Love the silvers :cheering: I like the keychain thing as well :)

coinnut
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Aaron, glad you guys are getting out and hunting thumbsup01 Nice finds them Indians are :yes: That '19 Merc is in sweet shape too. Does that keychain make a sound when you rattle it? It may be a fancy sleigh bell. Just a guess :dontknow:

catskillcomics
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM
it was a fun day Aaron, Great job on that expensive 1896o Barber dime :peace:... and that Keychain it super.. :twirlingeyes:I love the Oak leaf pattern on it.. hope you get a better pic of it soon... as for the kids.. OY! :hairpulling:... so many questions.. we'll go back on a school day ;)
I'll post my stuff soon...

LostNowFound
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the silver.

I still have not found my first silver coin. I will hunt on…

jkress
04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Super nice bunch of finds Aaron. A nice old Merc and a Barber. :happydance01: Love the IH's too.
The bell thing is very interesting. Hope you find out what it is.
Congrats. Sounds like you guys had a fun day.

odave
04-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the Silvers :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Cool Keychain thumbsup01

hockeyguy
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Does that keychain make a sound when you rattle it? It may be a fancy sleigh bell. :dontknow:
Doesn't seem to be.....maybe it did 100 yrs ago?

as for the kids.. OY! :hairpulling:... so many questions.. we'll go back on a school day ;)

You know, what you said to that kid was brilliant....when he referred to the IH and he said I'm 1/4 indian, 1/4 Puerto Rican and the rest white....your reply , as he sounded a bit sad about it.....hey that's great, I'm only 100% white. These kinds of things make a difference in the world...really.

xzlr8n
04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the $80 dime, looks like you made some above average $$.

randy
04-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Sweet Barber, congrats. Keep 'em coming.

Ill Digger
04-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Great hunt!!
That Barber sure does show it's age don't it lol Oh well, I'll take a barber in any condition! :yes:
I really dig the token though! :drool:
Sweet finds!
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Nice hunt Aaron! That low mintage Barber dime is a sweet find. :smitten: