PDA

View Full Version : Two Bits of Silver and Things Beside Detecting

z118
04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I sneaked out of work early on Friday and headed to a favorite spot of mine, hoping for a silver coin. I've hit this spot very hard over the past two summers, and finds are sparse now but I would guess there's still some silver coins to be had there somewhere. Conditions were poor, with soggy, muddy ground and lots of standing water. After about an hour and a half I had dug 23 coins which included one wheat and no silver coins, but I did get a nice little silver ring and a silver pendant too, which I was more than happy to dig.

I did not get in any hunting on Saturday or Sunday... the weather was amazing but the time was spent hoisting the tree fort I had promised my son up onto it's platform. In addition to the the long winter building this tree fort is the other reason I have not gotten in much detecting so far this Spring. I have to say building it was as much fun as detecting and watching my son and his friends tear around in it is better that any silver or gold I've found so far! That being said, now that fort is up and running I'm hoping to get back in to the swing as much as possible. lol

Happy Hunting!

odave
04-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the Rings !!
AWESOME tree House and great Job thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01
I'll bet they 'll have a Blast in that Beauty !! what a fort :yes:

Evan/tn
04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Cool 8) he's gonna have a lot of fun in that
Congrats on the silver!

jkress
04-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice looking silver Z! :happydance01: I like the ring.
BUT... the tree house is awesome. <:
Many, many fun memories are going to be made there by your son and his friends. thumbsup01