PDA

View Full Version : Windy & Warm With Wheats And Silver!

Bell-Two
04-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Went out with Doug and my wife Diane today, back to the spot where yesterday Doug and I got the silver and wheats. Very windy but warm. Doug opened up with a Rosey while I was getting some wheats. Diane called me over and said look at this…there on the ground was the prettiest 1941 Merc you will ever want to see! In was in a muddy bare spot on the ground. I can only surmise it was just barely covered and the intense rain we got yesterday washed it out of the ground! She also added a wheatie to her finds. I kept finding wheats at as little as 1” deep, and memorials at 5” deep. Very different type of site. Diane and Doug were about to call it a day but I wanted to finish a spot where I was getting many wheats in hope of the elusive silver. Doug was meandering around the area when he got a good signal and dug another Rosey. I did get that one more wheat to take my total to eleven. While I came up short in the silver I did do double digit wheaties. The Merc that Diane found would be I believe an AU grade, with full bands on the back…just a mind boggling find!

Hunting With Bell-Two #42 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMaENSRKWk#ws)

zrickkid
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Easy finds are the best aren't they :behave:

angellionel
04-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Wow! That mercury dime is in amazing condition! :smitten: Very nice! thumbsup01

odave
04-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats on the Merc it's in mint condition thumbsup01
Enjoyed the Video thumbsup01

aloldstuff
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM