PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's coin round up nets silver x 2

neil diggit
04-11-2011, 11:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to go out yesterday for about 1/2 the day. A friend of mine came along, he's got an MXT as well but doesn't get to get out that often. The first school was a bust since it was just too new to have many finds. At the second stop we weren't finding much there either and I was having thoughts of moving on. I was finding mostly pennies and then had this one penny signal close to the ground. I pinpointed it and stuck my screwdriver in the ground and pulled the first silver ring of the day. <: That's the one with the stars on it. We moved on to another school and I started finding some coins and then bingo bango, I found the second silver ring. <: then later an earring. The second ring was struck by a lawnmower right where the symbol on the inside of the band is and it's hard to read but I checked it with nitric acid and it's silver. The earring seems to be plated. Found some copper and brass parts too. I keep them to throw into my scrap bin. The Never On Time fob is brass.
My buddy had a great day too and found more coins than he usually does and even found 2 loaded 38 special bullets.
All in all a great day for detecting. :happydance01: 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 8 nickels, 26 pennies..... 41 coins.

angellionel
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Those are chunky silver rings. :peace: A nice and enjoyable hunt no doubt. :yes:

exsquid
04-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Nice rings...Always brings a smile to the face when silver shows up...WTG!!

aloldstuff
04-11-2011, 03:41 PM
nice hunt, seems that if you find one ring thats theres another nearby.

odave
04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the Silver Rings !! Good finds :clapping: :clapping:

Ill Digger
04-12-2011, 07:57 AM
:shocked04: Hey you found my key chain! lol
Nice rings!
Congrats :grin:

neil diggit
04-13-2011, 07:26 AM
:shocked04: Hey you found my key chain! lol
Nice rings!
Congrats :grin:

Did you have one like that or are you talking about the saying on it?