PDA

View Full Version : TDI and Trash in the Tot Lots

Carl in Louisiana
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I just could not take it any longer and had to get out for a little swing time with the detector, it was hot at 84* here. Its 2:44 pm and i'm just getting back to the house after an hour and half. I ended up with $0.72 in clad and glad I ended up with that much as this one is often hit hard or folks just don't leave much behind, I don't know.
Well I just never thought about play grounds and tot lots having so much dangerous stuff in them as they do. I have found plenty in them with the VLF's as well as many of you. I have been hitting them now with the TDI and finding even more it seems like and I think wow my grandkids play in this mess when they go to them. I wonder if the stuff is in the chips when they get them delivered or if person or persons are dropping these things down in these play grounds and my next thought is I wonder how many kids get hurt on these things you never hear it on the news or read about it in the papers. Well I have been on my soap box long enough so I stop now at that. The first picture is of the trash and the second one is what looks to be a 22 cal round that hit something solid.....HH......Thanks for looking.

Epi-hunter
04-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, it is pretty scary :shocked04: I have found syringes, razor blades, lots of glass shards, etc. It's also a good reminder why it is never a good idea to reach into the hole and dig with hands instead of a shovel (something I am not always good about :embarrassed: )

Carl in Louisiana
04-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes, it is pretty scary :shocked04: I have found syringes, razor blades, lots of glass shards, etc. It's also a good reminder why it is never a good idea to reach into the hole and dig with hands instead of a shovel (something I am not always good about :embarrassed: )

Yea I'm real bad about reaching into the hole with finger and raking dirt out and I hate wearing gloves. I guess it's time I change my thinking and my old habits for new ones. :dontknow:

pulltabsteve
04-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Is that part of a lime green pulltab? happydance02 Im happy you cleaned out the totlot of all the dangerous stuff Carl! The hazardous junk you find in them is just unbelievable! Glad you got out swinging thumbsup01

Carl in Louisiana
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Is that part of a lime green pulltab? happydance02 Im happy you cleaned out the totlot of all the dangerous stuff Carl! The hazardous junk you find in them is just unbelievable! Glad you got out swinging thumbsup01

Yea if you want it I'll send it to you <} rofl

I always pick up that kind of stuff and put it in my pouch to throw out later. thumbsup01

I'm not the only one detecting these places and one of two things is going on: 1) there is a lot more being hauled out than we know about or 2) they are just leaving it behind for folks like us. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

ec121connie
04-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I clean out the junk at the local tot lot a couple of times a week. It seems the garbage/dangerous junk problems peak whenever the graffiti begins to appear.

Interestingly, never find any coins or other good stuff.

I guess the other folks that detect in this park feel that it below them to pick up a bit of trash.

odave
04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Way to clean up the Place Carl !!
I'm amazed how Many Nails and screw are in the tot lots :bangahead01:
I find a lot of them too.