PDA

View Full Version : Not There Yet

z118
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
I posted the other day but somehow not in the topic folder I intended....

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=5340.0

I don't suppose it matters too much, but it sure had me confused for a minute. Not sure if it's worth moving.

Anyway, I got out last night for a little while in some VERY windy weather. I headed to the spot I received permission to hunt this winter. To give up some of the mystery - it's a private school, built around the middle of the last century, and in an area that was farmland on a main street before that. Like the last hunt there, targets were not excessive but they were regular enough to keep me interested. I wound up with 48 coins total worth $2.61. Five of them were wheats, which makes nine total in two hunts. Nine wheats in two hunts makes me thing there MUST be a silver Rosie or two there somewhere. Other finds included a large Sunocco token, an bullet casing, a buckle, an odd looking button, a junk ring, and a small silver ring. The silver ring, though it's not much, made my evening. I look forward to getting back to this spot to hopefully find the good stuff I suspect might be there.

Happy hunting!

Carver
04-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice finds z118!!! Yup,,,there's gotta be some silver there somewhere.. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 WTG on the wheats!!
I hear ya about the wind too,,,I went out for a bit on Sunday,,,the wind was blowing so hard it was hard to keep standing and could not hear crap!!

aloldstuff
04-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm in agreement with Carver, silver lurks about. I will gladly take 9 wheats anyday.

jkress
04-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Another nice hunt Z. Sounds like your new spot has quite a bit of potential.
Great bunch of wheats. :happydance01:
I think your hunch is right... gotta be silver there somewhere. Bet there's Mercs around. :yes:
Nice looking silver ring too. Congrats.

I posted the other day but somehow not in the topic folder I intended....

... I moved it over here for ya. thumbsup01 Love that tree house. :peace:

z118
04-12-2011, 08:38 AM
... I moved it over here for ya. thumbsup01 Love that tree house. :peace:

Thank you!

exsquid
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Got some nice finds.. WTG...Yeah...that tree house is going to offer up some good times for the local kids...

Kimster
04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice! :peace: The ring in very nice. I found a Sunnocco token last year. What do you suppose the object is that is about the size of a nickel, with a bar across the center. Both I and my hunting partner have found one of those.

odave
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Sweet finds !! Congrats on the Ring thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01