PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunt with Hockeyguy

catskillcomics
04-12-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm finally getting around posting this weekend finds while hunting with hockeyguy.
We started out by going to an old WWII airstrip. I was excited that the first plug revealed a wheatie, and thought we were going to find all sorts of silver and what nots, but ended up being the only coin found there after 1.5 hours of hunting.

We headed off to a couple parks that I had been waiting to hit, the first park was okay, very trashy but has potential. But after being for only an 1/2 hour, I was surrounded by 4 boys, the oldest being very interested, the youngest wanted all the worms found lol... they tagged along the entire time while we were there, and it didn't help much when I pulled out a huge ring & an Indian Head... unfortuantely it was costume jewelry. The kids were very distracting and I couldn't concentrate so we left to the other park.

At the last park, which was originally use as a cemetery back in the 1800s, then converted to a park was a bit more promising, ended up with another ring.. silver one, and a Rosie.. this is the park that Hockeyguy got the 1896O Barber... so we'll be going back there soon.

Carver
04-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Nice looking finds :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: Best of luck on the return!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

aloldstuff
04-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Gotta love the little kiddies. Had one following me the other day. This one asked good questions, said he wanted a metal detector. He eyeballed a few pennies, picked them up, put them in his pocket. I suggested he put them in a jar and start saving for that metal detector. Nice silver and keep diggin

RobW
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice hunt....where are the stones from the rings:huh:thinkingabout: :dontknow:

z118
04-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Great digs! Let me know if you head northwest at all, I'd love to meet up again.

del
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
hey Scott glad you and Aaron could meet up again , did you ever get back to the track yet :huh: now is the time while the grass is down . nice items.

Carl in Louisiana
04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Very nice hunt !!! Kids can at times be fun but on occasion I have had to leave an area because they would snatch everything right out of the hole or your hand... lol lol

pulltabsteve
04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
We've all had hunts like the airstrip. Pull a nice keeper early and figure you hit a honey hole, then dry digging for the rest of the hunt. Nice finds from the parks thumbsup01 Congrats. Good luck on the return :yes:

odave
04-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Good hunt !! Congrats on the finds thumbsup01 thumbsup01

jkress
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice looking bunch of keepers Scott. :peace:
Good luck on your next hunt!