PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Search Coils for The V3i

ec121connie
04-13-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm a new guy and thinking of wandering around the foothills with my V3i this year. I thought a smaller coil than my D2 might be an easier thing to maneuver around rocks and other objects.

Possibly someone with experience with the V3i and smaller coils could recommend one of these over the other. It looks like the choices are the Eclipse Shooter and the
Eclipse 5.3

I don't search tot lots very often. I'd be mostly looking for a small nugget. I Know, I Know Good Luck With That. :grin:

Eclipse Shooter &quot:grin:cheesysmile: (4x6) Search Coil for Spectra V3, DFXâ„¢, MXTâ„¢

Elliptical 4x6 inch &quot:grin:cheesysmile: design provides superior performance in extreme ground, better sensitivity to physically smaller metal targets, performance in extreme trash and physically smaller foot print for working around obstacles. Longer but narrower detection window compared to similar sized search coils. Finds the good stuff in areas heavily littered with trash.

Eclipse 5.3 (6x6) Search Coil for Spectra V3, DFXâ„¢, MXTâ„¢, and M6

Provides better separation between targets in moderate to high trash areas and excellent pinpointing. Compared to larger search coils... improved sensitivity to physically smaller metal targets provides improved performance in moderate to high trash and a physically smaller foot print for working around obstacles.

I have searched the forums and find results for different detectors and coils but not much on the V3i. If the 10 inch D2 will work I'll save my money.

Thanks ,

tumbleinn
04-20-2011, 06:44 AM
If you are not hunting a trashy area and trying to find small items. I would use a Whites 6x10 coil. Its a very sharp coil.
I have been useing all the coils for a wile & I find that the 6x10 may be what you are looking for.

good luck!

ec121connie
04-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks tumbleinn .. I'll take a look at one of those.

freemindstuck
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
If you're looking for gold nuggets, I've read that the Eclipse shooter dd 4x6 is the coil that'll let you find the smallest pieces of gold. It'll also work better then the 5.3 in highly mineralized ground where you are more likely to find nuggets. Good luck!

Lowjiber
07-09-2012, 05:41 AM
I like the 4 x 6 in areas with a lot of exposed tree roots. It's small enough in width to sneak back in those little hollows that others can't reach.

That said, I think the 6 x 10 is the best coil White's ever made. However, it's still almost as big in one diameter as your D2.