PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Silver

bmattioli
12-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Had to get out for awhile today with my DFX to feed the detecting bug. Went back to the site I've been hitting Mercs and Wheats. The ground is frozen but I hit the areas around the tress and snow-less areas. Got lucky and found my 31st Silver for the year a 1941 Merc and two Wheaties, a '41 and '51.. Merry Christmas everyone!

coinnut
12-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey, I know the feeling of needing to go out lol Glad you got a silver before the ground freezes solid. Nice little hunt, bet no one bothered you :yes:

CyberSage
12-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, that is a very nice Christmas gift! Sounds like a nice place to hunt.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Jason in Enid
12-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Since I'm snowed in, I'm glad to see that somebody is getting out and finding silver. Great job, keep it up.

del
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Bruce you diehard ;) it wasn't to bad out today , i'm glad the ground wasn't frozen for ya.
you and Angel are quite a pair one of these days we all got to get out together and do some damage on some park silver or on some colonial coppers . wtg on the silver merc sure hope its a mild winter for us in the northeast .

Dan

bmattioli
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Bruce you diehard ;) it wasn't to bad out today , i'm glad the ground wasn't frozen for ya.
you and Angel are quite a pair one of these days we all got to get out together and do some damage on some park silver or on some colonial coppers . wtg on the silver merc sure hope its a mild winter for us in the northeast .

Dan

Anytime you want to hit a park or two just say the word. That would be a fun time I'm quite sure.. The woods scare me so It will have to be a park.. I'm a park dweller lol :tongue:

angellionel
12-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice going, Bruce! Hopefully you will get another chance at silver this weekend. thumbsup01

SpringTxDigger
12-25-2009, 09:57 PM
SWEET Silver. WTG on the finds.

Epi-hunter
12-25-2009, 10:51 PM
NICE silver in the dead of winter! thumbsup01 Congrats!!

Angel said it is supposed to be in the 40's on Sunday so maybe you can get back out for a day :) January and February sure can be long months.

MNDigger
12-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice going on the silver Bruce! Glad to see you are still giving the ol DFX a work out now and then!

leslie(nova scotia)
01-07-2010, 12:53 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....never get tired of looking at the Mercs. Hope to scoff a few on my trip to Maine this year!