PDA

View Full Version : Koss E-Series 9000 Headphone Question

TC-NM
04-13-2011, 09:33 PM
What do you Guy and Gals think about quality and sound of this headphones? I have a pair of Sunray Pro Gold headphones that I really like. Thinking about a back-up pair like the ones offered by White's thumbsup01

Thanks for your time,

TC-NM

cnr_dogs
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
I love the set I have. Good sound quality, comfotable to wear all day.

Jaybird
05-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I used a pair for 2+ years with my DFX and really liked them. I decided that after going to a dealer and trying them against the Detector Pro (Grey Ghost) line and the Sunrays line. They seemed to reproduce a better sound throughout the spectrum. They were made especially for the E-series Whites Detectors and carry a lifetime guarantee as most of the top line do.
My E-trac came with the UR-30 Koss and they were the opposite of the 9000's. I recently purchased a pair of Grey Ghost originals which I like as they are a little quieter than I remember the 9000's were but I think they are as good as the Ghosts overall and better in Frequency reproduction. Just my opinion. :yes:
Jay

JTGOLD
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been useing koss headphones for over 8 years now and I just ordered another set for back up in case these quit working,for me there the best and most comfortable headphones I have tried.

wingmaster
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I have 2 pair and the sound quality is great you can really hear those deep whisper signals. I have the MXT and like to run the volume all the way up to hear those whisper signals, some other headphones have limiters built in which I've been thinking about trying. Does anyone know if you use the ones with the limiter built in and run the volume all the way up to hear those whisper signals does the limiter keep from blowing your ears off when you get an overload signal? If so can you still hear those loud targets or does it block them out completely?