PDA

View Full Version : Something very special...

Snowy
12-25-2009, 07:53 PM
We have this thing here at Christmas where we tell each other not to do anything special for each other and we do everything we possibly can for our daughter. We usually end up buying each other things we need and would buy anyway.

But this year I got something very special...
It's a real 1884 Morgan Silver Dollar embellished with gold, enameled in a gold braided pendant. Krom then went back to the jewelry store and got me the gold chain for it. I knew he had recently sold some gold rings he found this past summer, but I never knew where the money went. I asked him if he wanted me to put it in the bank but he said he had already spent it. We needed some stuff, he said. I didn't question it.

This morning I opened the chain first and couldn't believe it. I knew what it was and the marking from the jeweler told me it was quality.
Then I opened another box holding the pendant. I was shocked.

I always wear a 1923 Peace Dollar around my neck with a sterling silver chain.
I'll be wearing the Morgan all the time now, tucking it under my shirt while I'm in the fields/woods/beaches detecting.

It's a very special treasure for me. I was choked up and had tears in my eyes when I held it in my hand this morning. This piece means a lot to me and holds some severe sentimental value.

coinnut
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
What a gorgeous looking Morgan. And what about the guy that gave it to you?? ;) I think they are both keepers thumbsup01 Must be true love :smitten: Glad your family had a great Christmas!!!

Snowy
12-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks, coinnut.

I almost didn't post this because we're not material people, but it's more than just a material item to me.
It's a very special piece.

Epi-hunter
12-25-2009, 08:28 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous....

That kind of gift will mean everything to you. I know you will treasure that forever. It is beautiful. Even so, the meaning behind it is what you will treasure most.

CyberSage
12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Wow! That is very nice Snowy. What a great gift. Good Ol krom!

Jack

Snowy
12-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Jack. Yeah, the money from the rings was gonna go toward heating this winter. We'll be fine, though.

You're absolutely right, Ang. I can't even explain in words what it means to me. I get choked up even thinking about it. He went out of his way and against our traditions to do something special for me. He doesn't even know how special it is to me. I think he'll come to understand, though. I think he was surprised to see me teary-eyed over it.

angellionel
12-25-2009, 08:36 PM
That is a wonderful gift... it's beautiful! You will remember it always. :)

Snowy
12-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I sure will, Angel. And I'll guard it with my life. :yes:

It's been a long 2 days. I'm beat and turning in for the night.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

del
12-25-2009, 10:38 PM
wow :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: its a beautiful piece Donna and i know what you mean about sentimental value as i have an 1879 morgan coin that was given to me and is very special to me as well . very nice Joe . thumbsup01

coinnut
12-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Donna, I bet Joe can get into quite a bit of trouble before you get after him now lol He's golden for quite some time :yes:

Snowy
12-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys.

Coinnut, you're too funny.... but he keeps his nose clean. He doesn't usually get into much trouble... unless he's out detecting without me and finds all kinds of good stuff!

flueinc
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Snowy I think Krom got his 2 points for the year for that gift it is great.

leslie(nova scotia)
12-26-2009, 07:34 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....man that is sweet for a sweet. You deserve !

Snowy
12-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks! The chain broke a few times and the last time I tried to fix it I ended up crushing it and the clasp. I took it to the jeweler today and she fixed it free of charge. I offered to pay for the repair and told her agasin I was the one who crushed it, but she wouldn't charge me for the repair. I'm sooo happy! I've been wearing it all day with no problems.