PDA

View Full Version : Nice evening hunt

z118
04-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Got out again tonight and headed to the private school... with 9 wheats in two short hunts at this spot I was feeling confident that silver could be found during hunt number three. Even a silver Rosie would be great, anything to stave off the horrible complex you folks are giving me with your seemingly endless silver digs! It wasn't to be though. I dug another 43 coins in about an hour and a half, including two more wheats and a '47 nickel. There were some odds and ends too, including two rusty backed buttons with images on the front, two Chuck E Cheese tokens (including the 1982 version where Chuck looks like a rat), a woggle, a test drive key, and what I think is a pretty old button, though I'm no expert. Opinions on the age of the button would be welcome. It looks like there was writing on the back but I think it's beyond making out. I did switch out of auto sensitivity tonight and was surprised at the immediate difference it made to the tones the Etrac gave. Having only hunted a few times this year I haven't really gotten around to messing with settings. In spite of the lack of silver I still had a great time, it was a nice evening out and the birds chirping and the sounds of a high school game of some sort in the distance were pleasant and relaxing.

happy hunting!

Epi-hunter
04-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey, there is definitely some old stuff there z. Buttons look old -- maybe Dan or George can ID them :yes: That place will give up silver yet!

russellt
04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
right on man ...... thats a fine hunt right there

coinnut
04-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Good hunt. You are correct on the button. It's old, but age is always subjective. It probably says GILT on the back. It's a one piece button (called a flat button). I generally date them at around 1820. Nice hunt and don't worry...after a while the silver complex goes into hiding. lol Just ask me, I know. I'll probably be sitting at 3 silvers for a month or two rofl

jkress
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
You are in the old zone Z.
Sometimes the silver just hides very well. I feel your frustration. :yes:
My last hunt gave me one single wheat.... but that just makes the next silver all
the sweeter. :happydance01:
Love the button. :smitten:
Here's hoping you hit silver on the next hunt. :beerbuddy:

randy
04-15-2011, 07:31 AM
That's alot of wheats, the silver has got to be there as well. Keep pounding it.

aloldstuff
04-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Keep diggin, silver is there. The way you describe the surroundings of your hunt, I'm sure it was very relaxing. Its not always about the goodies we find but about easing the stress of the day.

exsquid
04-15-2011, 09:39 AM
That's an excellent hunt in my book....Some down time and cool old coins and relics....yes...that's what it is all about...

Ill Digger
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
With the presence of the wheats and that old flat button, a silver or two has gotta be layin' around there somewhere :yes:
We don't find too many flat buttons around here so there kind of a treat to me :smitten:
Nice hunt Z thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

odave
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Good hunt thumbsup01 thumbsup01