PDA

View Full Version : recent hunts: silver big and small

randy
04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Got out Wed for a short hunt, as the rain was off and on, and managed to score a pair of mercs :happydance01: before the rain got too heavy.

Thursday was beautiful, and I got out for 3.5 hours and managed to score 2 more mercs happydance02 and a walker <: , and a totally abused buffalo that I doubt even the coinstar machine would take.

The walker is kinda a cool story -- they always say hunt around the big trees, but even better is to hunt below the big trees. Turns out I could do this, as they cut down an enormous old tree and ground the stump -- I hunted the scar where the tree was (an area that obviously had never been hunted), and was shocked, after a loud silver sound blew out my eardrums, to see the eagle on the back of the walker poking out where they had ground the stump. Its slightly bent, and slightly damaged from the stump grinding machinery, but big silver is big silver.

Today got out for 5 hours, the first two hours were terribly slow, couldn't even find much clad, but eventually scored a merc about 2.5 hours in, then a rosie, and then a sterling sports pendant at 1 inch in an area I had supposedly carefully gridded :mad:. The final half hour was sweet and made the day, as I found 3 more silvers for 5 on the day :happydance01:.

Total hunt time of 10.5 hours over three days, 10 silver coins and one silver bling. Thanks for looking.

JTGOLD
04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
congrats on the silver,,wtg.

jkress
04-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow... you are finding silver like crazy. Love all those Mercs.

<: on the WLH!! That is a tremendous find and very cool story to go with it. Great job following your hunch to hunt where the tree once was.
She's a little bit bent, but looks beautiful to me!

Congrats Randy.

coinnut
04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, look at all that silver :shocked04: :shocked04: You may be responsible for blinding me lol Great hunts!! No worries about the Walker, it still counts as big silver and quite a bit in melt value :smitten:

odave
04-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the Silvers Randy !! :perfect10:

angellionel
04-15-2011, 07:38 PM
You are really scoring well with the silver, Randy. :happydance01: Those are some nice hits, especially that Walker. :clapping:

Ill Digger
04-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, Miss Walker does kinda have a chip on her shoulder don't she lol Oh well ! Like you said, big silver is big silver! :happydance01:
I'll take it :dontknow: lol
Nice silver total Randy! Thats quite the pile thumbsup01

.... and one silver bling. <} lol
Congrats :grin:

z118
04-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Amazing digs Randy! Those religious medals with sports themes always strike me as a bit odd, but they are nice finds regardless. Congrats!

russellt
04-16-2011, 07:22 PM
i would say its all big . what a huge haul.. thats a fine day sir :shocked04:

loves me some biguns :clapping:

milco
04-16-2011, 08:38 PM
That's a nice bunch of silver! I always hunt those freshly ground tree stump pits, but not with those results....you just never know!

mike l
04-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice assortment of silver :peace: