PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL HUNT WITH GARY*CLOAKER,A NEAT LOCK & A SLIVER OF SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
got out with Gary to 2 diferent sites.not too much surfaced but,i got a designed dandy or cloak button,a solid brass lock with a nice green patina(any idea on age) a newer suspender buckle and i think this oval style suspender buckle maybe slightly older? looks like the style of etching you'd see on cloak buttons :confused:
and to end the day i got a coin silver handle tip off a fork or spoon.saw the edge in hole and was thinkin reale :shocked04:stretcher:
a few keepers for the relic display..nothing to write home about that's for sure :embarrassed:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
more pics

coinnut
04-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Nice couple of relics thumbsup01 Is that a thistle design on that cloaker? :confused: That is an old style on the oval (suspender?) piece. That spoon tip would have made me think Spanish too lol But how can you get mad a silver? :thinkingabout: Bet it felt good to get out.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice couple of relics thumbsup01 Is that a thistle design on that cloaker ? :confused: That is an old style on the oval (suspender?) piece. That spoon tip would have made me think Spanish too lol But how can you get mad a silver? :thinkingabout: Bet it felt good to get out.

not sure G if its a thistle on the cloaker looks more like a bundle of wheat standing up tied around the middle ? this is the second oval suspender face i have dug.the other was a stamped design and looked newer than this piece :confused:
i'll take silver at a colonial site any day of the week my friend ;)

del
04-16-2011, 07:45 PM
some really nice relics Dave , very sweet padlock :peace:, whats the keyhole look like and its on the bottom correct? i agree the dandy button looks like a bundle of wheat . a good day in my book Dave :cheering: what did youe buddy Gary find.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2011, 08:30 PM
some really nice relics Dave , very sweet padlock :peace:, whats the keyhole look like and its on the bottom correct? i agree the dandy button looks like a bundle of wheat . a good day in my book Dave :cheering: what did youe buddy Gary find.

thanks Dan,i'll snap a pic of keyhole.yep it's on the bottom.can ya give me an approximate age on it? ballpark? :confused:
only mark at all on lock is a # 3
Gary got a couple flat buttons.finds were sparse today. the lock was 4 inches deep and locked on solid 84 quarter signal.thought i had a coin for sure with that signal

Civil War Nut
04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Very nice finds Heavy . I found a lock just like that last year . When I first dug it up I was hoping that was the Rebel :usaflag: on it . No such luck . And I just got to say it agin , I LOVE that scenery .

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Very nice finds Heavy . I found a lock just like that last year . When I first dug it up I was hoping that was the Rebel :usaflag: on it . No such luck . And I just got to say it agin , I LOVE that scenery .

thanks CWN! have ya done any research on the age of the lock?

aloldstuff
04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
As usual, very impressive. Great hunt

Toadman
04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Great old lock !! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Civil War Nut
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
thanks CWN! have ya done any research on the age of the lock?
Hidy Heavy . Naw after I seen it didnt have a :usaflag: on it I just put it in the box with Kenton on it . I might dig it out and check on it . I think thats the one I let set in apple vinegar for a month .