PDA

View Full Version : Coins n Stuff

sniffy
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I got out for a few hours today before the rain to a new colonial lawn I recently received permission to hunt. I have been there once before and had great results. Today was another successful hunt. The coins were one after the other....not pictured is the $5.38 in clad. 24 wheaties, 2 mercs, 3 buffalos, a Barber dime, an Indian, a 43 war nickel..a 1798 DRAPED BUST!!! a couple buttons, one that has 63 on the front...no backmark. Military? An ancient coin...but I think It's a copy, was found within an early 1900's pocket spill. A couple more odds and ends not pictured.....The home owners are really nice people, they left and trusted me enough to continue hunting the yard and when they returned they had a sandwich for me...SUPER NICE. Anyhow, thanks for lookin. I had alot of fun finding all this stuff.

coinnut
04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow Jesse, you been busy :cheesysmile: Nice haul dude!! How about a picture of that ancient coin and the numbered button?? A lot of ancients traveled back around the turn of the century, so I wouldn't write that coin off just yet. lol It could be your oldest find ever thumbsup01 Nice hunt!!

Ill Digger
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
:shocked04: Man thats one big button!! Must be a cloaker :dontknow:
That yard sure has been nice to you...so have the owners ! Man you even got lunch?! Nice! thumbsup01
Yeah a close up of the ancient coin would be great ! :popcorn:
Congrats on a great hunt! :grin:

sniffy
04-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Wow Jesse, you been busy :cheesysmile: Nice haul dude!! How about a picture of that ancient coin and the numbered button?? A lot of ancients traveled back around the turn of the century, so I wouldn't write that coin off just yet. lol It could be your oldest find ever thumbsup01 Nice hunt!!
I just got done cleaning the ancient coin....there is some Greek writing on the back....it reads...copy...hmmm.... rofl...And my oldest find would be some of the spear heads and points I found in the corn fields of Ohio from the hopewell tribe.

del
04-17-2011, 10:38 AM
nice large cent but what no picture of the possible military button 8/ nice haul Jesse and congrats . :cheering: :cheering:

sniffy
04-17-2011, 11:52 AM
nice large cent but what no picture of the possible military button 8/ nice haul Jesse and congrats . :cheering: :cheering:
Basically it just has a big 63 on the front and a smashed shank in the back

del
04-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Basically it just has a big 63 on the front and a smashed shank in the back

could you be a little more vague lol lol

thats not alot of help Jesse , is it a pewter button , brass and size could help also .

coinnut
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Come on Jesse, get some pictures up rofl :tongue:

aloldstuff
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
WOW, what a hunt, great finds, loving the silver

sniffy
04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
it's brass

hockeyguy
04-17-2011, 09:21 PM
UR killin it sniffy...keep it up! :callme: