PDA

View Full Version : Possible military items

aloldstuff
04-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Now that I have entered the digital age, these items have been driving me crazy, not knowing exactly what they are. They are both dug items. The first item I am sure is a rosette, brass w/lead back, two posts still showing. The reason I think military is on the right hand side of the script I am sure I see 2 numbers, a 5 over an 8 or 9. The second item I think is british, the slogan Ich Dien should be on this but I only have the Dien which is on the right hand side. Any experts or even just opinions welcomed. thanks for looking

del
04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
the first is dfinately a rosette but i'm unsure of what it is refence to also :confused: the second item does look British , Welsh to be more specific the 3 plumes and crown design was a Welsh motif . the back however looks almost like a cloak or cape clasp with the button type loops . it very well could of been a military item Al. very cool item . :peace:

aloldstuff
04-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Del, the British thing I've been told is 3rd dragoon guards but still don't know the age.

del
04-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Del, the British thing I've been told is 3rd dragoon guards but still don't know the age.

hey Al if it was confirmed as British military then it would have to be older than about 1814 as thats when the last British invasion took place in these parts . was it found at an older site like cellar hole or farm field ect. :huh:
if we ever get a chance to detect together i'll bring a few cloak clasps i have to compare them with that one to try to date it .

aloldstuff
04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Del, it was found in a farm field. Any idea about that rosette, does my thinking make sense on that item?

RobW
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey Al, actually that first item is a mercury dime..... rofl....I know you can't see without your glasses and you old folks are easily confused :teasing:

JTGOLD
04-22-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't know what they are so all I can say is very cool finds.

aloldstuff
04-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Rob, I can always count on your vast knowledge of........The problem with making these types of recoveries is not knowing what they are exactly. drives me batty...

CTDirtFisher
04-23-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't know what they are so all I can say is very cool finds.

<: This post is all serious with the back and forth... Then Rob... :poke: :bop: :behave: :hammer: >:tongue: :blackeye:

I love a humorist with a great sense of timing :perfect10:

RobW
04-26-2011, 03:15 PM
<: This post is all serious with the back and forth... Then Rob... :poke: :bop: :behave: :hammer: >:tongue: :blackeye:

I love a humorist with a great sense of timing :perfect10:

All hunting and no play make's Rob a dull boy....... lol