PDA

View Full Version : 1760's Tavern homesite

sniffy
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Got out for a quickie. This home was built in the 1740's but was a tavern from the 1760's to 1790's the homeowner told me. This is the same place that I had previously mentioned that a homeowner found a King George II Copper in the fireplace. Anyways...I hunted for about an Hour and a half. The tombac pictured was actually given to me by the homeowner...she found it inbetween the floorboards in the upstairs. The Large Copper is completely wiped out, it's thick like a liberty cap so I'm going to assume that thats what it was. Couple buffalos...check out the war service ship building medal! woo hoo... Thanks for lookin!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-17-2011, 06:01 PM
nice hunt! that was nice of homeowner to do that!

coinnut
04-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Sweet Finds Jesse. :clapping: :clapping: Are you surviving the pollen ? >:# Congrats on the copper...any lettering on the edge?? That is one way to get a Tombac lol

sniffy
04-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Sweet Finds Jesse. :clapping: :clapping: Are you surviving the pollen ? >:# Congrats on the copper...any lettering on the edge?? That is one way to get a Tombac lol
After I gently wire brushed the coin I did find a couple pieces of evidence on the edge of the coin...N and a couple other indents that were letters...so I'm pretty sure it's a liberty cap of some sort.

Evan/tn
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Love that shop building medal,great hunt and finds!

Ill Digger
04-19-2011, 11:49 AM
To bad about the copper crying01 But it's still a copper :happydance01:
The medal is a cool find !! 8)
Congrats on all your finds! :grin:

coinnut
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
After I gently wire brushed the coin I did find a couple pieces of evidence on the edge of the coin...N and a couple other indents that were letters...so I'm pretty sure it's a liberty cap of some sort.

Congrats on a Lib Capped Cent :clapping: Lettered edging was used from (some) 1793's thru 1795. The '96 had a plain edge. So a great, hard to find coin <:

jkress
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow... sounds like a dream site to hunt. :daydream:
You recovered quite a few nice ones.
Very nice owner to pass the button on to you. I always enjoy
talking to the property owners. Sometimes they have such interesting
stories to share. :yes:
Love that medal.
Congrats Jesse. :clapping:

mike l
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Great relic finds and congrats on the large copper :beerbuddy: