PDA

View Full Version : More Dang Wheats

z118
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Another beautiful Spring day in Upstate NY... temps in the low 30's and a nasty driving wet snow all day. >:\ The snow had let up by the time I got out of work though, and I'm so desperate to get my season going that I figured I'd hit some tot lots just hoping to get lucky. I hunted two and they were busts. I guess tot lots don't get a lot use when temps won't get above 40 degrees. I still had an hour of daylight as I headed home so I stopped off at the private school. I knew the turf would be a sloppy mess but man I just want to find something shiny so bad! I was covered in cold, slimy mud after a few targets; 45 minutes later I had dug 21 coins which included another 3 wheat pennies. The puts me at 14 wheats and two pre 1959 Jefferson nickels in 4 short hunts. I'd like to think there's silver there but it sure is hiding well. I think I've dug 20 or 30 wheats at a spot before though with no silver... we'll see if I can break that record here.

Anyway... happy hunting!

aloldstuff
04-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Keep diggin those wheats cause silver is just around the corner.

RobW
04-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I know the feeling. >{ I've hit several spots and dug the heck out of wheats with no silver. Generally I don't mind digging wheats but when you keep digging them and no silver is coming out, it gets a bit frustrating :yes:

jkress
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Congrats on picking up some wheats Z. :clapping:
I know what you are feeling with them... me too.
Wheats are like an appetizer to a good meal. Very enjoyable, but you look forward to the main course! lol

russellt
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
i think those are some good finds . i could dig wheaty's all day long

Ill Digger
04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Wheats keep me around a lot of times :yes:
Gotta have your daily wheats! lol
Silver is near....I can feel it thumbsup01
Congrats on your wheaties :grin:

zrickkid
04-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Dont give up. The wheats are telling you you are in the right spot. Keep digging it will pay off soon. :angelic:

coinnut
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I am very happy to see wheats, especially since I dug a lot of Memorials today lol Silver is coming soon I hope.