PDA

View Full Version : Part of a U.S. Buckle

Civil War Nut
04-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Hidy to all. First ; DEL. That coin I put in my pocket must be warming up . Had a fairly good day today . Got back at the same old fields looking for the camp . Wasnt thanking about a U.S. , maybe the U ant turned the right way , I wish . Found some odd ball cal.s. Some of it I dont know what it is , maybe yal might know . 2-buckles , one a U.S. buckle ,, .27 cal. ,, three .65.5 cal. ball ,, buck shot ,, one rimfire shell ,, six wheats- one 40 & 09 ,, 1875 shell nickle ,, another Ky. O.M. co. thing ,, nice button ,, WW-1 button . And thats it for today. Had a hunting buddy with me to day that hung around every where I went , a big old chicken snake , didnt think taking his pitcher , will the next time . Hope yal enjoy & good luck hunting .

Ill Digger
04-18-2011, 11:54 PM
That poor buckle crying01 I wonder what happened to it? Do you think it was in a fire? :dontknow:
It's still a piece of American history and you saved it! :clapping: |:confused:)
Great find!! :envious: :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

del
04-19-2011, 02:58 AM
those buttons are very nice CWN , i especially like the flowered gilted one piece :smitten: and the US plate is still a great relic depite its condition , i'd still be very proud of it in my display box. :clapping: :clapping: congrats and keep holding onto that cash coin your making some great progress . :beerbuddy:

Dan

Evan/tn
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Way to go Earl! Congrats on the buckle <: it sure is nice,it don't matter the shape... it's a buckle and that is awesome!!! I'm finally feeling better and it's back to work time >{ Been flipping through the book and it's facinating :daydream:
Great hunt and finds,the buttons are cool and so are the other relic items.

coinnut
04-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Nice, solid finds you got there :clapping: Getting closer with that buckle. :yes: That Shield nickel is in bad shape, but the date looks like it's in the 1870's. The mintage for those nickels is real low when you get into the 70's. Can you make out the last number of the date, Cause the '72 is a scarce one and the '73 is rare. Good looking one piece button too!!

jkress
04-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Very, very awesome group of relics CWN.
All stuff I'd be in heaven to find. :smitten:
Love the U.S. buckle and the buttons.
Congrats. Best of luck on your next outing.

zrickkid
04-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Man that buckle is nice! You definitely saved it for historys sake. :clapping: :clapping: BRAVO! :cheering:

Civil War Nut
04-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Way to go Earl! Congrats on the buckle <: it sure is nice,it don't matter the shape... it's a buckle and that is awesome!!! I'm finally feeling better and it's back to work time >{ Been flipping through the book and it's facinating :daydream:
Great hunt and finds,the buttons are cool and so are the other relic items.
Thinks Evan . You got some bad weather comeing your way ,its 11:40 PM. now it has just hit here.

Civil War Nut
04-19-2011, 11:43 PM
those buttons are very nice CWN , i especially like the flowered gilted one piece :smitten: and the US plate is still a great relic depite its condition , i'd still be very proud of it in my display box. :clapping: :clapping: congrats and keep holding onto that cash coin your making some great progress . :beerbuddy:

Dan
Thinks Del. The coin has a place in my pocket now .

Civil War Nut
04-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Nice, solid finds you got there :clapping: Getting closer with that buckle. :yes: That Shield nickel is in bad shape, but the date looks like it's in the 1870's. The mintage for those nickels is real low when you get into the 70's. Can you make out the last number of the date, Cause the '72 is a scarce one and the '73 is rare. Good looking one piece button too!!
Hidy Cnut . Yep it WAS a 1875 , I done a little to much cleaning on it . You could see it good when I first dug it up . I am going to have to stop trying to clean some things up so good . Not the first time I have done that .

coinnut
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Hidy Cnut . Yep it WAS a 1875 , I done a little to much cleaning on it . You could see it good when I first dug it up . I am going to have to stop trying to clean some things up so good . Not the first time I have done that .

Lucky it wasn't the dates I gave you...I was looking at 2 cent pieces rofl :embarrassed: :embarrassed: Sorry for the bad info :crying02: I seriously need to get more sleep :yes: