PDA

View Full Version : BUTTONING UP THE END OF THE YEAR.LAST CELLAR HOLE HUNT?

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
spent all day at this cellar hole.not much to show for my efforts except a ton of ammo :crying02: a few buttons.one has some design around perimeter and looks like berries in center .. i'm assuming it's colonial. a drawer pull and yup I GOT A MEMORIAL TOO G! :bangahead01:
i may get one last shot for a weekday hunt with sniffy but as i type now i will bow to my cellar dwellar superiors thumbsup01 ;) good job fellas!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
more pics

coinnut
12-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Holy smokes!!! Look at all those bullet casings lol I hate them things. But at least you got a coin :ticked: Ok it was just a Memorial :rolleyes: I feel for ya, Dan has been killing me lately. I know how it feels to come home with a Memorial when everyone is finding good stuff. But it has been a great year and the next one is just a little bit away ;) Nice buttons and they are old ones too. And you made it out of the woods alive thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Holy smokes!!! Look at all those bullet casings lol I hate them things. But at least you got a coin :ticked: Ok it was just a Memorial :rolleyes: I feel for ya, Dan has been killing me lately. I know how it feels to come home with a Memorial when everyone is finding good stuff. But it has been a great year and the next one is just a little bit away ;) Nice buttons and they are old ones too. And you made it out of the woods alive thumbsup01

yeah i was diggin everything. targets are getting slim at this site so i figured may as well clean it out the best i can :cheesysmile:
the memorial had tape on it.they musta taped it to a tree and shot at it rofl

del
12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
wow :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04: all that snow is just about gone it was a great day for detecting wish i was out there, Dave, Dave, Dave you got to stop detecting at the shooting range buddy :rolleyes: man thats alot of brass , the buttons are good as are the pictures thumbsup01.the drawer escutcheon plate is a nice find i don't know why a cotta pin is in there though :confused: ya gotta go out detecting with someone because its more fun to rub it in when ya find stuff , right Coinnut :poke: speaking of George your gonna make him mad cleaning out future memorials for him to find :beatdown: , now i'll have to reseed that area to make him happy . lol ;)

take care Dave .

bmattioli
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Nice buttons Dave and you still have the week to score, you never know.. It was nice to get out and not freeze for a change but so mucky..

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-28-2009, 03:51 AM
yeah this was the site that i got 7 coppers and mikey got his first here so 8 came out of this site.it was muddy.the main trail was like a river flowing down it. moving branches today did not pay off :crying02:
i was wondering the same thing about the cotter pin :confused: the cotter pin is brass.maybe they had no nails left and jerry rigged it to a dresser i don't know rofl

John M
12-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Looks like a nice little relic hunt.Guess the coins just eluded you for the time being.