PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro at the gun club site--3rd time

Dimeman
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Monday I took the AT Pro back to the park to see if any more old items where still in the ground from the 1880's-1940's gun club activities. There was !!!!!!!!!! thumbsup01

Still digging everything to get all the junk out of the way I came up with some nice items between the bottlecaps,pulltabs, soda cans and other pieces of junk metal that I dug.
The AT Pro does see all the metal objects in the dirt and tells good targets from bad ones.

Dug up more old rifle lead bullets, a couple of nice Mercs--a 1935 and a 1939, a vertigo heart from a necklace ( the hanger is too large for a bracelet) and 4 wheats.

I did get the 1920 D wheat with the Lesche digger. :-\ :-\ The dirt is like concrete--we haven't had ANY rain since early January this year. crying01
With it so dry the recent drops on the ground stay pretty much---surface coins......got some I didn't have to dig--just pick them up. 8)

The AT Pro still is excellent in ground that has lots of trash items all around coins and good target items. It lets you know if the target has iron in the metal mix--like a old bottlecap.
In locations and specific sections that I had used my Whites and return with the Garrett and search.... almost every time I get a nice keeper item, that the Whites didn't pick up on.

I really like the AT Pro :peace: :peace: :peace:

coinnut
04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Well at least the lack of rain has some benifits...coins never sink lol Sometimes you just have to dig junk to get to the coins...that is a fact of life we all have to deal with for now. :yes: Nice to see Mercs come out of the soil :clapping:

Jaybird
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Way to go Dimeman, ;). Love those Mercs thumbsup01. Keep up the Gun Club Huntin' :peace:

Dimeman
05-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Well at least the lack of rain has some benifits...coins never sink lol Sometimes you just have to dig junk to get to the coins...that is a fact of life we all have to deal with for now. :yes: Nice to see Mercs come out of the soil :clapping:

I don't mind diggin junk in area like this, because I KNOW there are still more good targets to be found. thumbsup01

coinnut
05-30-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't mind diggin junk in area like this, because I KNOW there are still more good targets to be found. thumbsup01

I have to get myself in the habbit of digging more junk iron at the sites we hit. I'm sure I am missing large coppers as well as silvers at them locations. Them bullets must be a pain lol I bet they read real nice :hairpulling: