PDA

View Full Version : Another item from gun club area

Dimeman
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Monday at the gun club site I also dug up this piece of metal and almost threw it away........ :dontknow: I looked close and it had writing on it so I kept it and cleaned it a little when I got back home.

It is part of the front ID headplate of a pre-war ( WW1) Columbia Bicycle. They had a factory in Westfield Mass and they still are in business making bikes.

The 1st pic, is what I dug and the 2nd photo is what is supposed to look like. I bet it hit a few lawnmower blades before it got covered up in dirt............ :yes:

del
04-20-2011, 06:00 AM
that will sure tell you there are old coins around to be found in that area , good i.d. on that piece . :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
It always pays to double check those junk items. I live very near Columbia and have found some nice coins near there.

coinnut
04-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey, I have a couple of those lol Westfield is about 20 minutes or so from here. Some of them can be old. Hope the coins match the age of that bike plate. thumbsup01

odave
04-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Cool Robbie thumbsup01 thumbsup01..shows the possible age of other finds there thumbsup01