PDA

View Full Version : 1914 Georgius V Penny

angellionel
12-27-2009, 08:54 PM
We sure had some great weather today. Definitely good enough for a drive to the park for some detecting. There weren't many finds, but it was still great to get out.

The only silver - a 1927 mercury dime. The wheat cents where fun finds too.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_silverdime_122709.jpg

This one I dug up just before heading back home, a 1914 Georgius V British Penny. It's the size of a half dollar.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_1914GBpenny_122709.jpg

Some type of pin.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/December/CPH_oldpin_122709.jpg

HH!

coinnut
12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Nice finds Angel. It was a great day to go out. As soon as the rain stopped it was real nice. Temps into the 50's melted a lot of snow. You still have some time before the new year is here. We're routing for ya :thumbsup01: Just 3 more, ....NOW GO GET THEM :bop: :lol: Nice amount of coins and nice British Large Cent.

bmattioli
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Nice Merc and wheaties Angel.. Could be the last nice day of the year.. It was nice out but too mucky with all the rain and snow melt. I starred into alot of water filled holes.. It was great to be out there though..

CyberSage
12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Good to hear the weather is holding for you Angel. Wheats are always fun. I get excited when I dig one still. Nice bunch of coins to add to the collection. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

del
12-28-2009, 09:03 AM
what are you doing Angel dragging it out for ratings :shocked02:, your killing me with the suspense already man :ticked: :lol: :lol: lets get to 450 so i can get off the edge of my seat . :lol: :lol:

seriously we're all hoping you get there , and very soon .Congrats on the merc and wheats and the George the Vth large penny Angel

Dan

angellionel
12-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Nice finds Angel. It was a great day to go out. As soon as the rain stopped it was real nice. Temps into the 50's melted a lot of snow. You still have some time before the new year is here. We're routing for ya :thumbsup01: Just 3 more, ....NOW GO GET THEM :bop: :lol: Nice amount of coins and nice British Large Cent.

Thanks George! It really turned out to be a great one for sure. It helped in melting what snow had remained after the rain. I'm hoping for just one more day of relatively good weather, with Thursday perhaps being the last opportunity I will have for another go at silver.

Nice Merc and wheaties Angel.. Could be the last nice day of the year.. It was nice out but too mucky with all the rain and snow melt. I starred into alot of water filled holes.. It was great to be out there though..

It was very muddy, and it was messy using a trowel

Good to hear the weather is holding for you Angel. Wheats are always fun. I get excited when I dig one still. Nice bunch of coins to add to the collection. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I do like digging wheats too. :yes:

what are you doing Angel dragging it out for ratings :shocked02:, your killing me with the suspense already man :ticked: :lol: :lol: lets get to 450 so i can get off the edge of my seat . :lol: :lol:

seriously we're all hoping you get there , and very soon .Congrats on the merc and wheats and the George the Vth large penny Angel

Dan

:lol: :lol:

I think the park has decided to close shop for the year. :lol:

Thanks Dan!

MNDigger
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Good looking hunt Angel! Good to see you are still able to get out!

Epi-hunter
12-28-2009, 07:22 PM
At least you dug some silver, and that penny is great! That would have stopped my heart for sure :shocked04:

I do hope you are able to get out Thursday to finish up the year. Just think, you only need three more ;)

angellionel
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
At least you dug some silver, and that penny is great! That would have stopped my heart for sure :shocked04:

I do hope you are able to get out Thursday to finish up the year. Just think, you only need three more ;)

I think I've reached the end of the road for this year. I'll try to give it another shot on Thursday though. :)

leslie(nova scotia)
12-31-2009, 08:25 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice to see folks still getting out. Ironically I,m giving a large Brit copper ofthe era away as a prize on a contest I'm running. Can't wait to get back to the UK. All the best in the new year sir and am enjoying your forum!

SpringTxDigger
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Great finds Angel. Love the penny. Looking forward to seeing what you do this year! What an Awesome 2009 you had. Happy New Year!

RickO
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Nice old British coin Angel... good wrap to the year. RickO

John M
01-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Can't complain about those finds this time of year.