PDA

View Full Version : coinshooting with 1147 Silver

coinnut
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Met up with Steve to do some coinshooting today. we were gonna hit some relics first at a cellar hole he heard of, but we only found the walls but no cellar holes. So we hunted a bit and left to do an old home he had just secured permission to hunt. It was an 1820's and looked :drool: :drool: :drool: But as with a lot of old homes, either hit already or the items are too deep or masked. The ground there was very loose, nice looking dirt. The kind that silver shows up very nicely against lol But the Memorials and clad quarters had the day. :crying02: Got about $1.61 in clad. We then split up and I went to a cellar hole out my way to try some new programs, but they were not much better than what I already used. Did score 5 or 6 buttons and some other junk lol Nice to get out and it did not rain on my parade. rofl But I hear Steve did well at the secret location after we split up :thinkingabout: lol

angellionel
04-20-2011, 07:31 PM
The grounds at that 1820's home must have looked very inviting for sure. :drool: :drool: And the soil sounds like the perfect background for taking photos of silver. :smitten: Too bad none showed up this time. :crying02: The old buttons made for good finds in the end though. :yes:

coinnut
04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
It just had silver written all over it. I could smell it lol But it must be my allergies, cause I must have been smelling aluminum instead rofl Even some nice quarter size aluminum washers to tease me :crying02: :girlcry: :crying02: But I'll take the day off and time spent detecting anyday, along with some clad for the kettle and some buttons for the box :clapping:

Epi-hunter
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
That is tough :hairpulling: :crying02: But the buttons are always good :cheesysmile: I always love to see those from you guys :clapping:

del
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
well you had a good day to do some detecting , were any of the buttons special :huh:

coinnut
04-20-2011, 08:02 PM
well you had a good day to do some detecting , were any of the buttons special :huh:

Yeah, it looked like rain, but it held out. All the buttons are special to me lol No, but one is a pewter, 2 are Tombacs and one of the flats looks like the color of a Tombac, but it doesn't have the hump on the back and is labeled like a regular flat button (Gilt, etc..) :thinkingabout: :dontknow: I walked a mile for them buttons rofl

del
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it looked like rain, but it held out. All the buttons are special to me lol No, but one is a pewter, 2 are Tombacs and one of the flats looks like the color of a Tombac, but it doesn't have the hump on the back and is labeled like a regular flat button (Gilt, etc..) :thinkingabout: :dontknow: I walked a mile for them buttons rofl

well that should make you more special than them buttons lol lol :teasing:

pipster
04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Steve did well at the secret location after we split up :thinkingabout: lol
strange how they find a great spot after you split huh

coinnut
04-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I must be bad luck rofl It has been slim pickins for a lot of us around here lately, for some reason :thinkingabout: I think someone needs to restock the coins for us lol

Ill Digger
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Man George I swear you guys pick up flat and Tombac buttons lick we find zincers around here 8/ :crying02:
Nice additions for the display :yes: And filling up the clad jar is always a good thing too thumbsup01
Congrats on the keepers :grin:

jkress
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Bummer about the 1820's place. crying01
Sounds like a place to get hopes up about. Sometimes at the end of the day... the silver wins.
At least you were able to get out and dig some holes today. My poor machine had
to sit quietly in the corner while I was busy. >:(
Congrats on the buttons and good luck on your next hunt.

mike l
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
The next best thing to finding old coins is finding old buttons :peace:. looks like a great hunt to me thumbsup01

RobW
04-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I must be bad luck rofl It has been slim pickins for a lot of us around here lately, for some reason :thinkingabout: I think someone needs to restock the coins for us lol

That's what happens when Angel lives this close to us! lol

Still always good to get out :yes:

Would love to see what Steve found!

coinnut
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Man George I swear you guys pick up flat and Tombac buttons lick we find zincers around here 8/ :crying02:

lol Yeah we do get a lot of buttons here. Last month it was over 60 buttons in a 30 day period. We have the advantage of buttons being a stylish item as well as a functional one. By the time the areas west of New England were getting popular, people came to their senses and only put on as many buttons as they would actually use. rofl Just a guess on my part, but it makes sense to me :dontknow:

Sometimes at the end of the day... the silver wins.

>:# I don't like when the silver wins though lol

The next best thing to finding old coins is finding old buttons :peace:. looks like a great hunt to me thumbsup01

Thanks Mike, but I am starting to have large copper withdrawals >:(

Would love to see what Steve found!

It's coming soon, Steve is cleaning it now.

del
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
It's coming soon, Steve is cleaning it now.

wait a minute , hold on ...

you didn't give him lessons on cleaning finds did you 8/ \:hammer: \:hammer: lol lol

come on Steve don't keep us in suspense :-> :->

russellt
04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
its the spirit of the hunt .............................looks like a winner to me

v3ikid
04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Still looks like a good hunt to me. :clapping:

odave
04-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Cool to hunt an old Home thumbsup01 Nice finds thumbsup01