PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night silver

jkress
04-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Got out for a very rewarding hunt tonight. A nice 3 hours right up until it was too dark to see in the hole. lol

It wasn't rewarding because I found double digit silver numbers or a keeper pocket full of Barbers and Indians.

It was fun because I decided to revisit a small park that I hunted two weeks after I got my new machine last August.
I have to admit, once I bought the Minelab... I figured all I would have to do is go to the park and hold my
pocket open for the silver to jump out of the ground. :embarrassed: lol
Of coursed I quickly realized this wasn't going to happen. My last visit to the park gave up nothing but clad.

Tonight I decided to revisit this park and throw a better skill set at it and see what came up. I hunted the same area
as I did last August.

For this hunt I also chose to deviate from some of my 'set and forget' settings. Up to this point, I have only adjusted sensitivity when needed as well
as adjustments to the Iron Mask.

Gain and Variability were notched up tonight. Gain was bumped up from 8 to 10 and Variability I moved from 8 to 10. I didn't like
the high tone with Variability at 10 so I backed it down to 9. What a huge difference these settings made for my decision to dig targets.

Iron became much more obvious and coins beyond the clad layer really stood out for me. :shocked04:

So with more hours behind the machine and the newly adjusted settings, I was able to find keepers from
an area of a park that gave me nothing on my previous visit.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-43.jpg

A bonus find. It's the size of a quarter.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-44.jpg

milco
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
That's impressive Joe, you are doing very well this year! I'd say you're pretty close to having he silver jump out of the ground.

Ill Digger
04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
What better way to spend a Thursday night ! Adding silver to the total!! <:
I like the bonus find too thumbsup01
:thinkingabout: Looks like someone didn't like our buddy Chester :hammer: lol
Nice hunt Joe!
Congrats :grin:

dave in iowa
04-22-2011, 12:36 AM
great hunt Joe , eagle point?

jkress
04-22-2011, 12:49 AM
great hunt Joe , eagle point?

No... I wish. I've only pulled 3 silvers from there in the past. That is, however, my next project. :yes: Todays hunt was at a much, much smaller park. :cheesysmile:

cliffy
04-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Nice take on the silver and wheats! thumbsup01 I often change the gain to get better seperation.

z118
04-22-2011, 06:37 AM
That's a real nice hunt right there. There's nothing like making a break through with your machine. Congrats!

aloldstuff
04-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Great hunt, getting to know your machine seems to pay off. Congrats on the silver.

RobW
04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
That's a sweet hunt if I do say so! :yes:

russellt
04-22-2011, 08:51 AM
very nice indeed. silver and wheat cant really be beat .

JTGOLD
04-22-2011, 09:08 AM
very good hunt and finds,gg.

PL8MAN
04-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Great finds ! :beerbuddy:

angellionel
04-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Getting to know your machine is part of the fun of this hobby, because you usually get rewarded for the effort. :smitten: Very nicely done Joe! thumbsup01

odave
04-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Great finds Joe !! Congrats on the Silvers thumbsup01 thumbsup01
I've never owned a Minelab ,I'm a Whites Detector owner thumbsup01
But I'm enjoying all the finds You and others have found with the
Minelab detectors !!! Most impressive thumbsup01 thumbsup01..... :thinkingabout:

I'm still Loving My DFX and V3 and still happy with them !!
Continued success thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Dave :interesting:

coinnut
04-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Lucky you got the coins you missed before lol Nice keepers for sure. I thought coppers would jump out into my pouch too, when I got a Minelab :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I found out they can only jump so high rofl