PDA

View Full Version : new to site

Big Al
12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Glad to be on the site.... I'm learning my way around and looking forward to lots of post.. I currently own a White's 6000 xp pro sl.. I'm been looking around at new units and i just can't seem to find the one i want.. My friend deltacornbread bought the mine lab.. E.trac.. He also owned a 6000.. he has put the pressure on me.. and now i'm really wanting to buy one.. I am really fond to whites and the dfx and sprectra V look impressive. Give me some honest feedback on these detectors. Help me make up my mind which one i want...

del
12-28-2009, 02:31 PM
hey Big Al welcome to the forum glad you joined us here , all those machines are top of the line detectors and you really can't go wrong with any of them , i currently own a DFX and have for the last 5 years now and i'm very satisfied with its capabilities .there are alot of different users on the forum too, i try to staw away from steering anyone into a particular machine , but i will say do your homework and read alot on what you want out of it .

Dan

randy
12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. I would try to test drive the machines either at a dealer or a friend who has one.

My choice, after all the reading and all the research, came down simply to price in the end.

MNDigger
12-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Big Al! Good luck with whatever detector you decide to go with.

coinnut
12-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome Big Al. Glad you found us. I have both the DFX and The E Trac. Both are good animals lol And both can find items the other ones can't. This year I mostly used the E Trac. It handles EMI better than the DFX since I run the DFX very hot. It always comes down to which machine YOU feel most comfortable with. I've been a White's guy since 1974 and switching was hard. The E Trac is easy if you forget about running it like a White's :grin:. Either choice is a good one. And I kinda agree on the idea that it really comes down to what you want in a machine. Look over the finds everyone is making. Look at what machine they are using. Look at where they hunt (parks, beach, cellar holes). Look at what part of the country they are from (ground conditions, minerals, etc). Then decide on who does what you do and lives nearby. Looking at someone elses finds shows you the possibilities!!!! But ultimitely, it's up to your knowledge, research, patience ;) and attitude that will make the big finds. Good luck, and PM myself or Del anytime, or just ask questions on the forum.

Epi-hunter
12-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Welcome Big Al! We're glad you found us. Everyone else already said it all :) But please feel free to ask all the questions you want!

bmattioli
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome Big Al to the site. Alot of knowledge and like the above posts, you have to see what fits you and your comfortable with. I have both the DFX and E-Trac. Have not been able to spend too much time with the E-Trac since I just got it last month but I have had alot of fun and some decent digs with the DFX..

SeabeeRon
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Glad you found your way here Big Al!!

angellionel
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Welcome aboard Big Al!

SpringTxDigger
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome Big Al. I'd have to agree with everyone here including coinnut. You need to get some hands on both machines and see what you like. I've used a DFX for the last 2 years. I'm, getting ready to order an E-trac next week. Happy Hunting!

Dave
12-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Big Al, Welcome to AD!

RickO
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome aboard Big Al.... when talking top of the line detectors, it will boil down to what you become most comfortable with.... lots of options... RickO

deltacornbread
12-31-2009, 08:12 PM
I have put the pressure on Big Al! He is leaning towards the Spectra and I hope he gets it. Then I can get a first hand account of Etrac vs Spectra! :) Actually I enjoy the fact that I have a part of making him turn loose of some greenbacks! He r tight! ;) (not really, but don't let him think otherwise!) ;)

Jason in Enid
01-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I would advise you that the 6000 is STILL a great detector, and capable of finding deep targets. It's VDI is still one of the most accurate ever made. I loved mine for 15 years.

The E-Trac is finding me more silver, more often than my 6000 ever did. Soooo, don't feel that you have to change detectors, but if you do, I would recommend an E-Trac.

I know I made that decision about as clear as mud for ya. :confused:

grinsebring
01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to ADist from Gil in central Florida