PDA

View Full Version : Last minute find saves the hunt

RobW
04-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Had some time to get out afterwork last night, Al had to work, so he couldn't join me lol, I noticed they were digging up park of a parking lot in an area that has been good to me in the past :drool:, I had joked with Al that I was going to bring home a bust :teasing:, the construction workers were still there, so I had to occupy myself for a bit, so I hit a spot I had been thinking about for awhile.....1 measly memorial >:#, I went back to the parking lot, they hadn't torn it up like I had thought, only removed curbing...found 1 more memorial >{...things were not going myway at all >:{

It was getting late, I was getting hungary, and I was frustrated >:#....I went to an area that I have pulled 2 LC from this year, wasn't expecting much...I got a 12-44 hit, was expecting a copper small cent, hopefully a wheat....... :shocked04: and what to my wondering eyes should appear a seated liberty dime to make me cheer :cheering: rofl.....so I called Al and told him I didn't find a bust....I'd have to settle for a seated :tongue:...I scoured the area some more and pulled out 2 wheats.....so that last bit made my night....and allowed me to catch up with Al in silver finds at least in number...but his is bigger (half and quarters)

I don't normally clean my silver, but this seated was dark grey when she came up, I had to clean her, and wasn't going to hurt the value.

aloldstuff
04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Rob, that seated looks good. Congrats on finally catching up but can that etrac find anything bigger than a dime :poke:. I'm waiting for my 1st seated of the year, great recovery.

russellt
04-22-2011, 08:48 AM
yowza . great find

JTGOLD
04-22-2011, 09:06 AM
very nice find on the seated dime,good hunt.

Epi-hunter
04-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow... it looks like a proof coin now! :shocked04:

Congrats on a great find!!! :happydance01:

angellionel
04-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Excellent find Rob! :clapping: Your patience paid off. :happydance01:

RobW
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Excellent find Rob! :clapping: Your patience paid off. :happydance01:

Patience? No, it was pure luck :groovy:

coinnut
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Great find with the Seated Dime :clapping: Did you spit polish that one?? lol Nice save. :clapping:

jkress
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Very sweet way to save the hunt!! :peace: Sometimes the best finds pop out
of the hole when you are least expecting it.
She's a beauty Rob. A big congrats to you. :clapping:

I'd have to settle for a seated :tongue:

I'd settle all day long, seven days a week with one of those. :drool:

Ill Digger
04-22-2011, 11:50 PM
....I'd have to settle for a seated :tongue:
:huh: Settle?...... :confused:..... I'm easy too lol I'd settle for a couple of those babies!! :yes: :drool:
Way to stick with it !! thumbsup01
Congrats on a gem of a find! :grin:

odave
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Awesome save thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01