PDA

View Full Version : More Park finds With the V3i

v3ikid
04-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Thursday after 5 hour Mushroom hunt I got home ate some lunch and went back to the park to see what it still held there for me. I have been wondering why my gold ring count is so low. I looked through some rings that i have found and i have a kids ring that appears to be gold but the markings are so small that my magnifying glass won't make out ( yep time to invest in a good jewelers loupe). So i set out to find some jewelry and to dig some things that i would normally pass on.

Although i dug twice the trash as i normally do it was still only two handfulls so that wasn't too bad.

When i got to the park the first target i hit was a for sure pulltab signal it was bouncing from +30 to+ 42 on the VDI. Deciding i was going for every pulltab signal that day i dug and I get 1 1/2 down and out pops a nice .925 silver ring with a pearl on top. happydance02 Funny thing is it hit real solid in the 7.5 frequency. :thinkingabout: The 2.5 was not even close. :rolleyes:

Now i'm wondering just how much i have passed up. lol

The next signal i get is bouncing from +14 to +50 and 3 down i find My second Buffalo Nickel from that park.

That's what i love about this hobby, It's never boring and just when you think you have it youy learn something new. Can't wait for the rain to stop and get out again. Hope it stops before my vacation is over. lol Not looking good though. :rolleyes:

Viking
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
That's awesome that you decided to hunt in a less conventional style today and it paid off for you. Especially if the soil is easy to dig, going after any questionable signal in a proven area is probably a good idea. Where I live, it's a full body workout to dig a 4 inch hole, but hey, nobody said it would be easy! :behave:

Very nice ring! :drool:

v3ikid
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
People would absolutly LOVE digging in this ground. I'm on the southern end of an area of land that runs about 30 miles wide by about 40 or so miles long that i would agrue anyone is the best farm ground on the planet. :clapping: When the ground is damp it is great to dig in for not leaving a trace. :perfect10:

yazoo
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
That is 1 nice lil find . Great job. Yazoo

mike l
04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice ring :clapping:

cliffy
04-23-2011, 12:28 AM
That is a very nice ring! Congrats :clapping: One thing is for certain you don't see pearl rings come around very often.
cliffy

JTGOLD
04-23-2011, 07:25 AM
very nice looking ring,gg.

PL8MAN
04-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Sweet ring :beerbuddy:

angellionel
04-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Good digs. :beerbuddy: Yeah, this hobby sure isn't boring at all. :smitten:

odave
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM