PDA

View Full Version : DIY: DeLeon modification to real 12Volt rechargeable

Vito
04-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Some time ago I got rid of the 9.6 Volt when using rechargeable batteries in the DeLeon. Even with fully charged batteries the meter showed a half bar only in battery test.

So I decided to put in a battery holder for 10x 1.2 Volt (12 Volt) NiMH AA sized rechargeable batteries. The hardest thing to get was a housing where to put in the holder, which I got from a hardware store including a set of tools. lol

Disassembling the stock armrest/battery housing is very easy and done in two minutes.

The rest was only the paint job on the new housing; to assemble all the things; little soldering and adding the detector-stand.

And if I decide to use 8x 1.5 Volt (12 Volt) AA alkaline batteries, I can still use a battery holder for 8 AA's.

In conclusion all is done very easy without any modifications to the electronics.

<:

v3ikid
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Man you really done a nice job on that set up. Very cool. :clapping:

Vito
06-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks for your response, V3iKid. I really appreciate this. :beerbuddy:

coinnut
06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Wow looks like a professional job :clapping: :clapping: I bet it even balances out the weight a bit too, being mounted there.

Vito
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
TNX for the reply, Coinnut. Yes, it is very well balanced. But it has a little more weight now. :blush: lol

coinnut
06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Some of my first detectors I ever used had 14 AA batteries in them lol I understand the added weight thing >:/. If I used them now, I wouldn't last 4 hours hunting :embarrassed: