PDA

View Full Version : Getting what I can

z118
04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
This morning I headed out to one of my best spots (a school), hoping for some silver. It was very cold and the particular area at this spot that I had planned to hunt was mostly under water. It's not so much fun when the hole fills with water after you pull a plug. Still, I scratched around for while and eventually wandered into a different area which started giving up wheats. After 4 or 5 of them I was rewarded with a bit of silver - a '59 Rosie. I dug a few more wheats and a '45 Canadian penny before heading home.

I got out a second time after dinner. I gave another school a try, focusing on an odd area of the property that had given up many wheats and an odd assortment of silver in the past. Targets were sparse, but among the few coins I dug were another two wheat pennies. As I was making my way back to my car I got a promising signal and was pretty happy to dig a second Rosie for the day, this time a '57. These are not stellar coins by any stretch but I sure am pleased to dig them.

Total for the day was 63 coins worth $4.33 which includes the '45 Canadian penny, 10 wheat pennies, and the two silver dimes.

I'm really going to need to find some new spots. I've hunted every local school absolutely silly, and the stuff I'm still able to eek out gets harder and harder to find. I think I'm going to see a big drop in totals this year if I don't figure something out.

Happy hunting!

jkress
04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Another couple of nice ones for the silver pile!! :peace:
Big pile of wheats too. :clapping:
You did very well adjusting to the conditions. Earlier in the year
I had a hunt where the hole filled up with water... didn't like it at all.
Congrats on another hunt.

aloldstuff
04-23-2011, 07:19 AM
What with the price of silver nowadays, I'd say you had a great hunt.

JTGOLD
04-23-2011, 07:21 AM
nice silver and wheats,gg.

coinnut
04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Nice couple of silvers. They are starting to pop up for you, so I think it was a great hunt!!

I think I'm going to see a big drop in totals this year if I don't figure something out.

The fastest way to increase your finds, is to find ways to ask permission for houses. They are some of the untouched areas still available to hunt. Other than that the Library for research, senior centers to see where everyone hung out a while ago, or just plain random locations in the oldest sections of town. Any one of those may lead you to a great find.

pulltabsteve
04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
A 2 silver day is a great day in my book :happydance01: Bang on some doors for new hunting locations. There may be 9 no's to 1 yes but the yes might be the property that hits the jackpot happydance02 <: :peace:

PL8MAN
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice silver :beerbuddy:

odave
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Congrats on the Silvers and Wheats thumbsup01 thumbsup01