PDA

View Full Version : NEW CELLAR HOLE WITH SNIFFY

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
got to this new hole at 8 am boy was it chilly! running water fozen :huh: ya know it's cold out. the site gave up a few buttons.sniffy got a colonial whistle which is very cool.i'll snag his pic when he posts and add it to this thread.digging wasn't too bad in some areas.other areas forget about it! i had to pass up some nice signals cuz i could not dig at all.plan to go back when ground thaws for sure! we may go for a few hours tomorrow to one of his sites weather permitting.
take a breath G you are safe!.........for now ;)
good luck to you guys tomorrow.why do i have this feeling your both gonna get a copper? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
a few more

randy
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, you are dedicated. Our ground here south of you is frozen solid. Nice buttons. thumbsup01

del
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
good pictures man , your right it was a cold one this morning . glad you made it back out , didn't want to have to send a search party out for ya :tongue: how did the machine handle the cold :huh: looks like fun to me and a good hunt.
very cool stuff Dave , that two piece is a beauty of a button :yes: bet it rang out good huh:huh: the others look pretty old . oh no i see ya got the dreaded oxknob :bangahead01:

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
good pictures man , your right it was a cold one this morning . glad you made it back out , didn't want to have to send a search party out for ya :tongue: how did the machine handle the cold :huh: looks like fun to me and a good hunt.
very cool stuff Dave , that two piece is a beauty of a button :yes: bet it rang out good huh:huh: the others look pretty old . oh no i see ya got the dreaded oxknob :bangahead01:

Dan

machine worked great today.the cover definitely makes a difference.no hand warmers needed either. thumbsup01

yeah the 2 piece sounded good at 5 inches down alongside a rock.the ox knob sounded even better :drool: wait till ya see this whistle he scored :yes:
any idea what those 2 hollow brass cone shaped thingy's are? :confused:

coinnut
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Couple of good buttons. Nice ox knob lol You still have at least 24 hours to go. You could stay up all night if ya have to rofl. We get to suffer tomorrow at 5:20ish AM. I bet it will be about 20 degrees out. I hope I can stay up till midnight or I'm in trouble :rolleyes: Happy New Year dude ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Couple of good buttons. Nice ox knob lol You still have at least 24 hours to go. You could stay up all night if ya have to rofl. We get to suffer tomorrow at 5:20ish AM. I bet it will be about 20 degrees out. I hope I can stay up till midnight or I'm in trouble :rolleyes: Happy New Year dude ;)

yup its crunch time now! 24 hours.i'll be signing the surrender papers (looks at watch :rolleyes:) soon enough.bundle up fellas! and good luck!

del
12-30-2009, 09:35 PM
no idea on those two cone shaped things can ya get a better picture of them , hey that four hole button did ya find that near the lip cause it looks like it was in a fire .

We get to suffer tomorrow at 5:20ish AM. I bet it will be about 20 degrees out. I hope I can stay up till midnight or I'm in trouble :rolleyes: Happy New Year dude ;)

good luck with that George , my bet is he's gonna be in trouble rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 09:55 PM
the 4 holed button is pewter and it was found about 20 feet away from lip.here are some close ups of the cone thingy's.looks like 5 seperate cones.3 together and 2 together.jammed inside each other

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
what period is that 2 piece grapes and leaves button dan? 1860's? earlier? i beleive it says wadhams & coe co super fine on back

del
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
what period is that 2 piece grapes and leaves button dan? 1860's? earlier? i beleive it says wadhams & coe co super fine on back

earlier from the backmark maybe as early as the 1830's which is very old for a two piece

John M
01-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Nice two piece button Dave,love the design on it.

WADHAMS, COE & CO. back mark is from the 1830's.Company used 3-4 different back marks until 1847.I believe the 30's is when they just started to make 2 piece buttons so it is a keeper for sure.

The cone shaped items could possibly be some type of wall anchor for pictures but that is only a guess.....but not an educated one at that.

Epi-hunter
01-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Great finds Dave! I love the buttons, especially the two piece one. Your photos are always exceptional!