PDA

View Full Version : Curous

Dick Stout
04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
A Question:

Would you say the majority of your good finds were the result of your detector, or in being in the right place (i.e. research).

I know there could be an answer of both, but just be as honest as you can.

Thanks,
DS
www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)

del
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
honestly i would say the majority of mine have been a result of being in the right place (through research of course) and some luck has a part to play in this as well.

coinnut
04-24-2011, 05:32 PM
A majority of my best finds come from being in a location that makes them possible to find. So location wins for almost all of them. But a small percentage of my finds would not be possible with out the newest technology. Luck is always welcomed lol

dave in iowa
04-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Luck, a good area, good detector , and patience,

v3ikid
04-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Hard to say. Probably a little of both. Lately I have been hitting the so called hunted out spots. That will test your skill. I once found 8 silvers in an unhunted yard when i had very little experience with a detector. I think i get just as excited getting an Indian head from a place i have beat to death. :yes:

Lowjiber
04-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd say mine is 75% location, 20% machine, and lots of luck.

steve in so az
04-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Luck certainly is an advantage but I would rate the man behind the machine as # 1. Research, experience and determination rolled into one. Manys the time I have felt a place had a goodie or two and kept at it tho I only had a few coins or such and then it happens. Steve in so az